★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An inventive 3D puzzle game, full of quirky gadgets to help overcome the obstacles! Challenge yourself to find the correct path on each map, and then use the editor to create your own maps and challenge the community!

CHALLENGING PUZZLES TO BAFFLE YOUR MIND
50 in-built maps to complete, using up to nine different gadgets! Use them all to find the best solution.

CREATE NEW MAPS FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY
Use the map editor to create the most innovative and challenging maps for the community to explore and enjoy. Use every element available to produce imaginative and challenging layouts!

PLAY, RATE AND REVIEW OTHERS MAPS
Become a highly rated Aztec Quest map author, and receive peer reviews from other users. Ratings can be given to each map for ingenuity and difficulty, to give feedback to the community.

ONLINE COMMUNITY LEADERBOARDS
Earn points by solving community puzzles and show off to your friends via worldwide leaderboards.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:


TA Front Page review : http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/29/az...-drop-puzzler/



Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aztec-quest-lite/id343573846?mt=8

TA Front Page review : http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/29/az...-drop-puzzler/
12-16-2009, 05:00 AM
#2
Joined: May 2009
Location: Bookland
Posts: 3,366
Most tempting game for me today.

12-16-2009, 05:05 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,272
This is a cool game, I just tried the lite and I think Im going for the full
12-16-2009, 05:35 AM
#4
This looks crazy cool.

From the screenshots, it looks like Mouse Trap
12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,272
This is a good marble puzzle game to check out in case any of you missed it yesterday.
12-17-2009, 09:01 AM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,755
Game Impressions

Very good puzzle game. It starts out simple, and it does get a little harder as you progress, and the last couple looks to be a real challenge.

I thought it was easy at first.

You don't have to rotate the object, you just need to place them on the floor of each level and where you are allowed to place them is only within the outline indicated. Objects include things like trampoline, a hammer that knocks the ball forward, a short conveyer-belt thingy and catapults.

To solve the puzzle, you have to figure out what object goes where in order to guide the ball to the goal (a floating diamond shaped gem). I have discovered that that the ball is allowed to bounce at least once before it settles, and it seems to be able to roll over one object square. These are key to solving some of the levels, even pretty early on. One of the objects, the catapult requires you to set the correct force (there are three settings) so the ball gets thrown across the desired no. of squares. It's never a straight path from start to finish after you are pass the introduction levels.

I think the puzzles are all single solution and you have to use all the objects given to you.
12-18-2009, 06:51 AM
#8
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
Very good puzzle game. It starts out simple, and it does get a little harder as you progress, and the last couple looks to be a real challenge.

I thought it was easy at first.

You don't have to rotate the object, you just need to place them on the floor of each level and where you are allowed to place them is only within the outline indicated. Objects include things like trampoline, a hammer that knocks the ball forward, a short conveyer-belt thingy and catapults.

To solve the puzzle, you have to figure out what object goes where in order to guide the ball to the goal (a floating diamond shaped gem). I have discovered that that the ball is allowed to bounce at least once before it settles, and it seems to be able to roll over one object square. These are key to solving some of the levels, even pretty early on. One of the objects, the catapult requires you to set the correct force (there are three settings) so the ball gets thrown across the desired no. of squares. It's never a straight path from start to finish after you are pass the introduction levels.
Thanks for good feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
I think the puzzles are all single solution and you have to use all the objects given to you.
Yes, it is intended to guess the author's solution to puzzle, not just the simplest one.
12-22-2009, 12:03 AM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
So this is basically a 3D "Electric Box" but with level editor? Sold.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-22-2009, 12:38 AM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,750
Just purchased based on the lite version. Great stuff. I have two questions:


Quote:
Originally Posted by DigY View Post
Yes, it is intended to guess the author's solution to puzzle, not just the simplest one.
1) Do you have to find the authors solution, or just any solution that uses all of the available pieces?

2) For the online levels, could you please change things so that once they are downloaded the first time, they are available on the local device even when you are disconnected. This will be useful for touch users, and for people on airplanes.

Regards, Michael