Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil / Redshift View Post
Developer here.

We are in complete control of the pricing of our games. The price has nothing to do with Chillingo and any change is completely decided by us.

The full series is $14 if you buy separately, so I think this is a rather nice discount.

Please don't be influenced by the shenanigans of other developers. If you are not sure, you can download the Lite version for free and try for yourself.
thank you redshift and neener neener @ micheal. great bundle by the way i think quest is the best rpg on the iThings ive played through the thing like three times already just because i have to reinstall the game everytime a new expansion pack comes out thats why im considering getting this one for convenience. i was wondering if you can import your character from any of the other games since you get them as standalone games or from the original quest for anyone who bought quest before and is considering this bundle for the expansion packs?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbeaver View Post
...or from the original quest for anyone who bought quest before and is considering this bundle for the expansion packs?
I would have done this except it's more expensive than the expansions...

Any word on further expansions and/or whether or not they'll be free for Gold version owners? That might convince me to go for the Gold!

And kudos to the developer for clearing the pricing question, and for this awesome game!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
I totally agree, I love this game above all the other 300 apps I own, but it's def. only for hardcore RPG gamers such as myself
+1 here too! these are my favorite games ever. the world is all-encompassing, very dark and gloomy, kinda like where i live (portland, OR. very rainy and drab )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil /Redshift View Post
Developer here.

We are in complete control of the pricing of our games. The price has nothing to do with Chillingo and any change is completely decided by us.

The full series is $14 if you buy separately, so I think this is a rather nice discount.

Please don't be influenced by the shenanigans of other developers. If you are not sure, you can download the Lite version for free and try for yourself.
and thanks to elendil for clearing up the publisher/developer debate
Old 12-17-2009, 04:02 PM

Will the expansions ever go on sale?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to MilkManX Send a message via Skype™ to MilkManX

Sounds like a great deal to me! I will be nabbing this very soon. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacedolphin View Post
thats what "the quest gold" is. its a sale of the base game and all expansions (so far )
Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacedolphin View Post
Islands of Fire and Ice is down $1 from it's original price, as is Hero of Lukemore I...
Old 12-17-2009, 04:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Islands of Fire and Ice is down $1 from it's original price, as is Hero of Lukemore I...
yea, HOL I had a persistent, nasty bug, so i think redshift lowered the price to compensate. its been fixed for a while now, and is a solid chapter in the quest experience.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbeaver View Post
thank you redshift and neener neener @ micheal. great bundle by the way i think quest is the best rpg on the iThings ive played through the thing like three times already just because i have to reinstall the game everytime a new expansion pack comes out thats why im considering getting this one for convenience. i was wondering if you can import your character from any of the other games since you get them as standalone games or from the original quest for anyone who bought quest before and is considering this bundle for the expansion packs?
Why did you have to reinstall the game for the expansions? They are not called "expansion" for nothing. You can enable them in the base game and play with one character, going from the very beginning all through the end of HOL II (as of now).

You can export your saves from The Quest Lite to either The Quest or The Quest Gold. You cannot transfer characters from the standalone expansion. But the expansions are were never really to be played standalone. It's just a convenience feature (and also required so that the expansions could be released as separate apps).
Old 12-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Any word on further expansions and/or whether or not they'll be free for Gold version owners? That might convince me to go for the Gold!
HOL III and HOL IV should be coming out sometime in the future.

They have been developed by Zarista games and currently they are doing some polishing on HOL III and they have some real life issues at the moment, that's why I can't tell you when HOL III will come out. But hopefully soon.

No, future expansion will not be free. But I think, considering how much gaming you get with The Quest and the expansions, that they are more than worth their price.