★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SpaceDuel! Christmas Season Sale! (99 cents)

12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
SpaceDuel! Christmas Season Sale! (99 cents)

SpaceDuel! is now having a Christmas season sale at 99 cents!

Check it out:

Take part in exciting spaceship vs spaceship combat in the far reaches of space! Enjoy fast, fluid gameplay involving laser beams, particle cannons, crazy teleport abilities and more. The game has 5 unique classes of ships with very different abilities and weapons. Unlock them all and fight with your opponents over local-wifi to see who comes out first!

- Duke it out with your friends over local wifi.

- 5 unique ship classes and 10 different weapon abilities.

- Play a variety of single player missions to unlock the 5 different ships.

- Post your high scores onto a global high score board for both single and multiplayer.

- Supports customized left and right-handed interface controls.

How to play

Piloting your ship is easy. Tap ANYWHERE on the screen and drag. This will cause your ship to move in the direction of where you dragged.
Your ship has 2 weapons that are activated by tapping(or holding, depending on the weapon) on the 2 buttons situated at the lower corners of the screen.

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-16-2009, 06:17 PM
This is a fantastic game guys! Really fun once you get past the first plane (it sucks).

12-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Game Impressions

I didn't think the first ship sucked that much - you can just circle around your opponent and pound them with missiles...

So, my comments on this game are really overdue, here's a mini-review:

This is a fun little game - it takes a GeoWars type of arena and puts you into a 1-on-1 duel. You get to use one of the ships you've defeated (or the default one.) Graphics, music and sound are all good, and for the most part, gameplay is solid.

There's only one major thing I don't like about the game: the controls. Moving your ship is controlled by touching and swiping on the left side. My guess is that this was done to reduce screen clutter, but for me it seems worse as my left thumb ends up creeping more and more towards the middle of the screen. I'd love to see an analog control there (like any of the other twin- (or single-) stick fighters on the platform. Thrusting is indicated with an arrow, which helps make directions clearer, but I struggled with the movement controls.

Two minor niggles - the ships splitting into four pieces when destroyed looks cheezy and out of place with all of the rest of the graphics - either have a more realistic break up, or an explosion or particle effects or something. Also, it would be nice to have some music or ambient noise at the menu screen.

I did not get to check out the multiplayer, but I think it would be a lot of fun (wifi, I'd use BlueTooth if it was there...)

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
12-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Cool thanks for the review! I actually might balance out the first ship a little after more experimentation. The ambient music thing is also a good suggestion...
Your suggestions are very helpful.

Developer of SpaceDuel!
06-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Looks awesome but the impression doesn't buy it!
06-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Is this a second thread? I cant imagine why this has gotten so little attention. It's got the Shiz stamp of approval. That's enough for me! I'm downloading now and by the way, IT'S FREE!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
06-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Is this a second thread? I cant imagine why this has gotten so little attention. It's got the Shiz stamp of approval. That's enough for me! I'm downloading now and by the way, IT'S FREE!
Hope you have fun with it It was the very first game I wrote. Beast Flyers! was the next one.
Right now I am revamping the engine for the third casual physics title that I plan to roll out in a couple of months. And then we'll be relooking Beast Flyers! and most probably rolling out a HD version for the ipad.
It's a huge learning process for us and I know our games aren't as polished as the big titles but I am hoping to improve with each title I publish.