★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who do I talk to about Social Group Settings?

01-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Who do I talk to about Social Group Settings?

I've tried many attempts to talk to Arn aka Blakespot (Administrator) about helping the iDevelopers social group out with some of the limitations of the social group page. (Msg sent 1/6/09)

Quote:
Hey Arn,

I'm Alex (Zandog) the lead graphic designer and PR guy for Spiffcode Studios, developer of Warfare Incorporated. I just started an social group here at Touch Arcade called iDev. The reason for the group, as explained in the description is project and development information, resource, job exchange and discussion. The group is invite only because I screen people for their qualifications (job classification, project history (if any) and portfolio) so we can have a prescreened and qualified group to organize through this great site. Some of the information can be sensitive at times to a particular developer and they only want certain people seeing it. Plus, I'm working on a newsletter of the described information that I'd like to post for thier eyes only.

My question: Can I get more flexability for this social group? Knowing vB the way I do, it should be possible to keep all eyes from seeing the group pages content. I'd like to make it restricted to group members only. Also, can you preferably lift the image limit on posting within that group? Our image limit is the standard 4 images per post and some developers want to share content from their Pictures & Albums gallery that exceed more than 4 image and it's not going well when making development presentations and getting help from other developers.

We all appreciate what you've got going here at Touch Arcade and it definitely brings the right folks together to help each other out and make for lively discussion.

Regards, Alex
I haven't gotten any response from him via PM. So I msg'd him via AIM. I got one response, asking that I msg him later, 3 days ago. I'm a member of his website, I have him on AIM and I subscribe to his twitter blogs. He is actively posting at least 5 or 6 times a day on twitter alone. He obviously doesn't want to deal with me, let alone, make things easier for the developers group on his website.

Is there a moderator or administrator who has this kind of access or can some how get to Blake? The developers who visit this site enjoy the type of feedback we find. It would be a shame if we couldn't use the site for what its meant. To make the game we develop, better. Help?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
01-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandog View Post
I've tried many attempts to talk to Arn aka Blakespot (Administrator)...

...Is there a moderator or administrator who has this kind of access or can some how get to Blake?
Hi Zandog. Referring to the 'aka' (Also Known As)- just so you know, Arn is not Blakespot . They are two different people, but both are admin (Arn is the main guy).

We (mods) don't have this kind of control available, and it is definitely Arn you need to get hold of regarding this. But we only have as much power to contact him or any other admin as you do.

01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Arn is not Blakespot . They are two different people, but both are admin.. it is definitely Arn you need to get hold of regarding this.
thanks wy. I think I tried to get ahold of them both. No member list to look at for other staff, not sure who can do what so I thought I'd explain myself and ask.

Follow me on Twitter

01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
No probs Zandog. Good luck with your group
01-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
How do you make a social group?

EDIT: Nevermind. I created one. PM me if you want to join.

Last edited by brewstermax; 01-14-2009 at 06:38 PM.
01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Yuthe, delete this thread. We need to keep Social Groups quiet. I made on, invite only, so Shhhhh.
01-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Yuthe, delete this thread. We need to keep Social Groups quiet. I made on, invite only, so Shhhhh.
What are you talkin about. I want people to see this.

Follow me on Twitter