★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You are going to transform from a newbie floating in a raft into a professional defying ruthless currents.

You are going to have to withstand the power of the river one second
and learn to trust it the next, letting your boat float downstream.
You are seconds away form subduing the elements and reaching the shore.

Still want to try?

You decide....

At the end of each level you'll be able to pick your own boat and your
own river.

- There are 15 levels of rough waters flowing through insidious cliffs;

- 6 excellent 3D style tracks;

- 4 types of boats (You are due to master the most widely used types of boats).

Become the best of the best!

freedog's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
now on sale for $1.99, have anyone tried it?

02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
cool idea and it looks well executed

impressions would be most welcome

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Any scoring or leaderboards in this game ?
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Looks like it could be fun but I wonder how the controls work.
02-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Looks like it could be fun but I wonder how the controls work.
I saw two paddle bars on the sides of the screen in the video. I hope it's a tank-style UI where holding both at the top means go forward and to turn right you'd need to pull back on the right side while leaving your finger forward on the left bar.

I'd prefer not sliding your finger for each paddle stroke (which is what I'm afraid of).

02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I actually bought this at full price when it first came out. It's pretty nice visually, but it's really shallow in terms of gameplay. The controls are pretty stiff, and consist of swiping the sides of the screen to "paddle" your craft. It just isn't very smooth feeling, and leads to some frustration. Honestly, my main complaint is that it's boring. Point A to point B. Avoid Rocks. That's it. If they updated this with some more variety and control fixes, maybe. It has potential, but as it is, I deleted it a while ago. No leaderboards, accomplishments, challenges, etc.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I actually bought this at full price when it first came out. It's pretty nice visually, but it's really shallow in terms of gameplay. The controls are pretty stiff, and consist of swiping the sides of the screen to "paddle" your craft. It just isn't very smooth feeling, and leads to some frustration. Honestly, my main complaint is that it's boring. Point A to point B. Avoid Rocks. That's it. If they updated this with some more variety and control fixes, maybe. It has potential, but as it is, I deleted it a while ago. No leaderboards, accomplishments, challenges, etc.

Thanks, that is what I needed to hear to stay away from this. It does look nice though.
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Thanks Sizzla. While normally I like boring games this one has irritating controls to boot.

02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:

Thx..............pass for me too.