★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

List of games that are NOT available in certain countries

12-17-2009, 08:03 AM
List of games that are NOT available in certain countries

first of all, i apologize if a thread like this already exists but the search function did not bring up any viable results. what i am trying to do here is to compile a list of games, that are not available in certain countries [not including games that just haven't come out yet due to time zones]

i will not be able to test this for every appstore there is but i will personally compare: United States / Canada / Australia / UK / Germany

help and suggestions are very much appreciated

Appname / Publisher / not available in [as of 18-12-2009]

American Idol: The Game by Electronic Arts not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom [i guess pretty much everywhere except for the US]

Anytime Pool by Electronic Arts not available in Canada

Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies by Activision Publishing Inc. not available in Germany

Deal or No Deal: Around the World by I-play not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Deal or No Deal: Do we have a Deal? by Viximo not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

Deal or No Deal: Million Dollar Mission by I-play not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Doom Classic by id Software not available in Germany

Duke Nukem 3D by MachineWorks Northwest not available in Germany

DS Double Sys by ZM2 Dev not available in United States

EDGE by Mobigame not available in United Kingdom, United States

Family Feud™ by Ludia not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Flight of the Hamsters by Cartoon Network not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

Harvest Moon Frantic Farming by Natsume Inc. not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Hello Kitty Parachute Paradise by ZIO Interactive, Inc. not available in Australia, Canada, India

iZombieland by Sony Pictures Television not available in Germany

Million Dollar Password 2009 Edition by RealArcade not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

Pandemonium by Electronic Arts not available in Canada

Rock Band by Electronic Arts not available in Netherlands, Singapore

Silent Scope by Konami Digital Entertainment not available in Germany

SpongeBob Diner Dash by Nickelodeon not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

The Adventures of Khaki Pants Pete by Blockdot, Inc. not available in Australia, Canada, Germany

Tomena Sanner by Konami Digital Entertainment not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Voltron by Sony Pictures Television not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey by Ludia not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Wolfenstein 3D Classic by id Software not available in Germany

Wolfenstein RPG by Electronic Arts not available in Germany

YAHTZEE™ Adventures by Electronic Arts is not available in Denmark, Norway, Sweden

comments: took Q*Bert Deluxe off of the list, don't know why i didn't find it before...

Last edited by carnivore; 12-18-2009 at 03:02 PM.
12-17-2009, 08:56 AM
what the hells everyone got against germany ?

i can understand and know about the wolfenstein problem

but where waldo ?????? or Q*Bert !

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Video games are VERBOTEN in Germany!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Germany is not missing much with the Non Availability of Wolfenstein RPG.

They just took old GFX and Sound Effects from Wolfenstein3D and mixed em up in a weird cocktail called "Wolfenstein RPG". This Game is just lame. Wolfenstein 3D Classic on the other hand really shines on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by tblrsa; 12-17-2009 at 09:02 AM.
12-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Sorry, Tabula Rasa, but I have to disagree with you on the Wolfenstein RPG...it is quite funny, and I actually like the mixture of FPS and turn combat. But to each his/her own I guess.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Sure, the game may have been better with new gfx and sound effects, the old ones just dont fit in my opinion.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
12-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
what the hells everyone got against germany ?

i can understand and know about the wolfenstein problem

but where waldo ?????? or Q*Bert !
Least they got Edge.

Plus+=KazamMan
Open Feint=KazamMan
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Tamagotchi

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
12-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Lot's of games being made against germans, Call of Duty is all about shooting them. I don't think they would enjoy playing that.
12-17-2009, 10:47 AM
YAHTZEE™ Adventures by Electronic Arts is not available in the Danish Itunes/App Store.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!