★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Drag Racer : Pro Tuner released to the AppStore

12-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Drag Racer : Pro Tuner released to the AppStore

The next installment of the Drag Racer franchise is coming out before the winter break (It's in review right now).

I've teamed up with a top notch studio from Toronto (XMG Studio Inc.) to ramp up development on the game. Here's some pics to outline the big new features in the game :

Plus New Race Features :
- Nitrous Oxide Boost for a big speed burst during those tough races
- Street Race Mode, allowing you to actually steer in the Drag Racing lanes and prevent your opponent from passing you (or they can do the same to you!)
- 3 (10 in total) new custom Performance parts, including the new "R" stage, for a even more customizable experience
- Car Tuning options allowing you to fine tune your car to match your race style and the length of the race
- Submit your Race stats to the Drag Racer Facebook App

Post on this forum if you would like to get a promo code for the game and be notified when its released. I'll PM you with the code when it's out on the AppStore. It should be out by mid next week since its actually "In Review" on iTunes Connect right now (not "Waiting for Review"). I'll only have a limited amount though, so please act quickly.
12-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd like to have one promo code

12-17-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm really liking the new UI, the controls look bigger and more user-friendly... NOS was a must-have from the beginning, awesome addition. Is this a sequel to the last game or more of a replacement? The first one was great but I'm not sure I can see myself returning to it when I get this.

Question: does the image import support .png files with transparency at all? (does the iPhone for that matter?)

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Thats up to what the device can take... if you can put png files into your photos on the device, then you should be able to. I'll be putting up a video in a little while that shows the basics of custom decals, then some tutorials on how to do some pretty cool advanced stuff. The sky is the limit with this game, we really wanted to make it so that the player was more in control of what their car looked like.

Short of players being able to create custom cars, this is a pretty good step i'd say.
12-17-2009, 04:59 PM
I'll take a promo code when it comes out if there's any left. Looks like an awsome game.
12-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Adam this game looks better than the last with the upgraded graphics and features. Cant wait for the street race mode. and is there gonna be any fine tune options to tune tread size, ride height and stuff like that. P.S i would like a promo code.

Ferrari GT•Pocket God•Mobile Guns•NFS:Undercover•Sky Burger•F&F4•Asphalt 4•Racer•Real Racing•Minigore•Drag Racer v4: Perfect Run•Unreal Trail•Boost 3D•JetCarStunts•Rally Master Pro•F.A.S.T•Labyrinth 2•ATV Offroad•NFS:Shift•Canabalt•F&F:Pink Slips•
Waiting For:Cogs•HardGore•Guerilla Bob•K-Rally
12-17-2009, 06:11 PM
ive played A LOT on the original drag racer and liked it a lot!
if you have a promo code left, i would be more than happy to review it.

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
12-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Adam,

Wow, looks so great. I like the more quality presentation this time around. I'd love to have a promocode when it's out. I'll review it in pocketfullofapps.com. Thanks!

OpenFeint/Agon: Waward
Plus+: Ward
Beta Tester for Minigore & Katchup!

Last edited by sic; 12-17-2009 at 08:11 PM.
12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
nice update! can't wait for it, when is it going to be out?

OpenFient: Itzoliverstfu // Plus+: Pinoykid
12-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoykid View Post
nice update! can't wait for it, when is it going to be out?
Adam said its IN review and it should be out by mid next week.

Ferrari GT•Pocket God•Mobile Guns•NFS:Undercover•Sky Burger•F&F4•Asphalt 4•Racer•Real Racing•Minigore•Drag Racer v4: Perfect Run•Unreal Trail•Boost 3D•JetCarStunts•Rally Master Pro•F.A.S.T•Labyrinth 2•ATV Offroad•NFS:Shift•Canabalt•F&F:Pink Slips•
Waiting For:Cogs•HardGore•Guerilla Bob•K-Rally