★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Realistic snowboarding and controls made by real snowboarders. 16 huge unique trails let you jump off cliffs, bomb down chutes, and head to the park.

The controls include snowboard carving, skidding, and switching between goofy and regular whenever you want. Jump off 1,000-foot cliffs. Use downhill momentum to go up ramps. Tuck to bomb down the mountain. Explore different paths down the slopes and have fun.

The 1.24 update gives you two ways to control your snowboard. There's the traditional tilt control with touching the screen causing you to stand up and turn faster, and new touch steering controls. If you pick the new controls from the options menu you can drag your thumb around to turn, add a second touch to stand up, or swipe up to start a jump. There's also an option to stand by default and touch to tuck if you preferred the old controls.

Please also check out our puzzle game Scribble Worm
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scribble-worm-hd/id428717253?mt=8&ls=1

Golden Hammer's comments:
Big Mountain Snowboarding is on the iTunes App Store for iPhone and iPad. Ride our huge and varied slopes with the most responsive controls.

Turn too fast and you skid. Straighten out and ride edge to edge. Jump with a turn to trigger spins and try to land straight for huge trick scores. Our 12 trails feature glades, chutes, huge cliffs, mogul fields and parks that you'd have to be insane to ride in real life. Try to beat the Bronze, Silver, and Gold challenges on each map.

BMS has been under development since release. A new patch has come out every week or two for the past few months. Skip to the end of this thread to check out what we're working on now.

Homepage
Forum
Youtube
See it on the App Store

How it looks now (1.10):

How it looked back in the day (1.0):
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Looks nice

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
12-17-2009, 05:26 PM
That YouTube video shows gameplay at about 5 fps? I hope that isn't representative of the actual game?

Looks good otherwise, but I need at least a video of gameplay comparable to the actual experience...unless that was it... In which case I'd leave this well alone.

Come to think of it, I would have much sooner taken a chance and downloaded this if I had NOT seen that video.
12-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
That YouTube video shows gameplay at about 5 fps? I hope that isn't representative of the actual game?

Looks good otherwise, but I need at least a video of gameplay comparable to the actual experience...unless that was it... In which case I'd leave this well alone.

Come to think of it, I would have much sooner taken a chance and downloaded this if I had NOT seen that video.
It runs at about 45fps on a 3gs, and 20 on a 1st gen. My recording setup for getting video with tilt controls is not the best. I'll see what I can do about getting a better vid up when I get back from the mountain tonight. Thanks for the feedback.
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Hammer View Post
It runs at about 45fps on a 3gs, and 20 on a 1st gen. My recording setup for getting video with tilt controls is not the best. I'll see what I can do about getting a better vid up when I get back from the mountain tonight. Thanks for the feedback.
I'm d/l now impressions later tonite.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-17-2009, 05:41 PM
$2 is a decent price, but would like to see some impressions first if anyone is willing to take the plunge
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar View Post
$2 is a decent price, but would like to see some impressions first if anyone is willing to take the plunge
Will pick this up when I get home tonight. If the FPS promises hold, this
could very well be the best snowboarding title on the platform.
12-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Hammer View Post
Thanks. Downloading. Will post impressions.
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
I was curious about this game. I saw it on the IGF submissions list but it wasnt on the app store