★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The shotgun in N.O.V.A is dissapointing, (rox in in SP)

12-17-2009, 07:59 PM
The shotgun in N.O.V.A is dissapointing, (rox in in SP)

Id like for this to be buffed up, currently if I run over one I immediatley swap or I know im screwed... it works O.K. if you weakened someone with the plasma gun or something, or with the bullet power up.. I literally put 4 shots into somebody and they didn't go down.. it would have been an EZ kill with the AR, not to mention that I wouldn't have had to call upon my ninja like skills.

discuss.
12-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidshaman View Post
Id like for this to be buffed up, currently if I run over one I immediatley swap or I know im screwed... it works O.K. if you weakened someone with the plasma gun or something, or with the bullet power up.. I literally put 4 shots into somebody and they didn't go down.. it would have been an EZ kill with the AR, not to mention that I wouldn't have had to call upon my ninja like skills.

discuss.
the shotgun is very weak! hope they fix this.

12-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post
the shotgun is very weak! hope they fix this.
exactly, its a shame because in Single Player it really puts the hurt down, especially on the gruntlings, who take alot of AR fire but the shotgun takes down handfuls
12-17-2009, 08:27 PM
yea they really weakend the shotgun in mp hope they fix it
12-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Yea I also noticed this, I tried running right in front of people's faces and shooting them with a shotty but it seemed to do nothing.
12-17-2009, 09:05 PM
i feel the same way for the shot gun but i also think the sniper could use some work i really dont like the fact that you have to scope to shoot when in intense battles it sucks and most of those are run over pick ups when i didnt want to i would love to see an aim button added to the sniper and still let us shoot with out scoping. lastly the pistol... im that kinda guy i use that alot but 6-10 shots to the head of an alien and he still doesnt go down thats a little messed up. i just just like to see its damage improved a little not much maybe just 1 damage for a far shot and 2 for close or 2 for far and 3 for close. also where is the team DM and private servers... i would love to see that next.
12-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Agreed. The only reason I think I mowed down 2 people in a row with it was because I had double damage and the two dudes had been shooting each other before I came in and settled their conflict. I really wish it had a bit more punch, but I just hope it doesn't become overpowered. I hate overpowered weaponry.
12-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I REMEMBER SOMEBODY CALLING THIS IN THE NOVA THREAD! LOLOLOL

....seriously guys? Already?

First game in progress...
12-17-2009, 09:25 PM
This thread should be changed to "The Everything in NOVA multiplayer is disappointing"

Dylan1696 ]
Playing: ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──'─, Discworld, Broken Sword, Flight of the Amazon Queen The Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jim & Frank BRM, Highborn
12-17-2009, 09:42 PM
sometimes though it is fine... one time i killed a guy who wasn't even on my screen while playing the void map

Minigore Beta Tester
53rd Battalion // 5 Star General: Demolitions Sector