★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Muppets Animal Drummer!

12-17-2009, 08:37 PM
The Muppets Animal Drummer!

Muppets Animal Drummer

Keep the beat with The Muppets Animal Drummer! Watch and listen to Animal play, then repeat
his same beat and timing to score points and unlock new songs!

Rock out in Classic Mode or choose Free Play. In Free Play you can jam along to original music or import from your iTunes music library (3.0 OS or higher required). Plus, use the Record feature and see Animal replay your jam session! Score points and create combos to charge your Rock Meter and power your stage presence.

With Animal Drummer, you can BEAT DRUMS Loud, Louder and Deafening!

Thoughts- It's like a Simon Says Drum Game! It's really really fun, has Animal Sound Effects/Voice, great for kids and the older Nostalgic Crowd as Well. It also has freeplay so you can add drumbeats your own songs! Quite a neat little extra!
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
the graphics are so gorgeous! i really like them. the game is simple and interesting.

12-17-2009, 09:23 PM
oh man - i always loved animal - this looks awesome............
12-17-2009, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Purchased, and loved it!! The random Animal noises are GREAT! The music isn't licensed, but, of course it isn't! It really doesn't matter. I played Back in Black from my library and it was strangely fun! there were no "notes" or cues so that you could play in time with your song. but hey, it's Animal, timing isn't needed when playing YOUR songs.
This is the first music game that Ive played that requires you to really listen to the beat and NOT wait for visual cues to hit the buttons (drums, in this case.) There are NO notes down a highway to see and "plan" your button presses. The game plays the part of the song, and you immediately repeat. No waiting. The lack of waiting keeps the song fluid and intact, but makes it really hard to find your timing when you mess up. It never makes the game overly difficult though. There are 5 or six songs( I can't remember...) which may not seem like a lot for the price, but you are paying for Animal, and all that that entails.
Fun game, a fun wacky musical game. And the "star power" power up is the best ever. Great atmosphere, and will bring a smile to any Muppet fan.
01-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
my entire childhood destroyed by an iphone game..

Artist | Designer
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I actually think the games really fun.... obviously we could of seen a better Muppets game. But for the price and what it does, it's great!