★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Someone has stolen all the pins that hold the paper world. You must help Jack Awkward to find them by running through 8 different worlds and solving different puzzles.

This release of Awkward's Quest contains two full worlds, with more to come soon!

Controls

The controls are made to be as easy to use with a touch screen as possible: the screen is divided in two big sections: bottom and top. The bottom part controls the walking: left or right depending on which half you touched. The upper section of the screen is for jumping (or in-game menu if you click the clock).

Awards

Every level has 3 different awards: completed, on time (finish the level before the clock reaches zero) and secret. Every level has a secret golden pin, make sure you find them all!

Trailer video:

http://www.vimeo.com/8315692
12-18-2009, 01:15 AM
With one screen shot, I am too lazy even to try it for free !!

12-18-2009, 01:17 AM
yeah, I wished they had included more screenshots

I also went to look for video and came up empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-18-2009, 01:17 AM
So the controls go like this:

We have a square with four quadrants as the screen, going clockwise from the top-left:

| A | B |
| C | D |

C/D = Walking controls
C = Walk left
D = Walk right
A/B = Jump

...is that right? I mean I know the screen isn't like that, but is that the basic gist of the controls?

If so, that kind of worries me a bit. Don't they have a dedicated jump button? D:

I am liking the sounds of this game, though it would be nice to have more screenshots and an even better lay of the land with a video or something. I'll download it, though, especially since it's free
12-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Found a gameplay video here: http://www.vimeo.com/8079923
12-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Didn't like it. No dedicated areas to tap for L/R and jumping makes controlling the character extremely difficult and feels very unnatural. Plus, only one world with the "promise" of a level per update. There was a single screenshot for a reason. Just my opinion.

Game Center: g-b0y_fr3sh OpenFeint: g-b0y_fr3sh
Twitter: h1dd3n_m0nk
12-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi all,
Sorry for the lack of screenshots. Actually, Apple took us by surprise. We were expecting a ~14 days of approval time and the game went live on just 7 days!
That's good but, we had the bad idea to rely on something that's not reliable :-P

We'll add more screenshots during the day, and we'll submit the next world next week.

About the controls: it might take you a while to get used to, but we think they're really easy. We tried them with several testers and they get used to them very fast: having a big "hot zone" for movement compensates the fact that you do not have the physical feedback of a button.

Also, with the update, we'll add support for all devices (OS 2.2.1 and upwards).
12-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
So the controls go like this:

We have a square with four quadrants as the screen, going clockwise from the top-left:

| A | B |
| C | D |

C/D = Walking controls
C = Walk left
D = Walk right
A/B = Jump

...is that right? I mean I know the screen isn't like that, but is that the basic gist of the controls?

If so, that kind of worries me a bit. Don't they have a dedicated jump button? D:

I am liking the sounds of this game, though it would be nice to have more screenshots and an even better lay of the land with a video or something. I'll download it, though, especially since it's free
About the movement, you're right. The "dedicated jump button" is the whole "A/B" zone (well, minus the timer, which shows the pause menu). At first it's a bit awkward, since you might be expecting a regular d-pad, but having a large jump button makes it easier to jump with either right or left thumb.

About the video, we're making one... As I said earlier, Apple took us by surprise by approving our game in just 7 days :-)