★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NFS Shift REVIEW!!

12-18-2009, 01:45 AM
NFS Shift REVIEW!!

Yes I made a new thread so that all could see it and avoid this horrible game like the plague.

Now we all know how great NFS is on the 360. I was expecting somewhat of a similar experience, but this game is clearly junk.

Graphics: This area is very good. Nice detailed vehicles, tracks and such. I give it a 9.0

Sound: Sound is OK, nothing great especially when compared the thrilling Real Racing that's been out for over a year. 6.0.

Presentation: All around very nice presentation with clear menu system. No clutter to be found here. 8.0

Game Play: This is where it all goes down hill. The game not only runs terribly slow, and I do MEAN SLOW, that even when you are using the nitrous, the racers from Real Racing will appear like they are still moving faster. I played this game about 5 times non-stop, then I had to go and play Real Racing for just 5 minutes to really digest how awfully slow, uninspiring, soul-less, NFSS really is. It lags, chokes, and jerks up every 30 seconds. AI cars will suddenly accelerate (when you're catching up) with no apparent nitrous being used. The way you drive has no bearing on passing your AI opponents. So for example, if I'm close to an AI opponent and both of us are taking a corner, if I turn on the inside of the corner and the AI turns on the outside, I should pass the AI since I travel less distance by turning on the inside. But despite the AI making a long wide turn, it still holds its lead. 2.0

Final thought:

I own an iphone 3g and that is NO EXCUSE for NFSS to run so poorly and the AI to be this shallow. Buy at your own risk if you must, but if you already own Real Racing, I'd recommend just go back to playing that instead of making a purchase. Because the smooth and graceful motion of RR, mixed with some witty aggressive AI is not at all present here. At the end, I have to admit, I wasted $10.

Final Score: 4.75 (MEDIOCRE)
12-18-2009, 01:54 AM
User reviews belong in the user review section.

12-18-2009, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
User reviews belong in the user review section.
that dude just got pwned!!

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
12-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmania View Post
Now we all know how great NFS is on the 360. I was expecting somewhat of a similar experience, but this game is clearly junk.
A. Wrong section

B. Were you really expecting to get a similar experience out of a handheld game that you got out of a console game? Really?

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
12-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
A. Wrong section

B. Were you really expecting to get a similar experience out of a handheld game that you got out of a console game? Really?
No, not at all. Except I wasn't expecting it to be junk either. For $10, I at least was expecting it to be on par with the best racing game in the App store: The undisputed Real Racing.
12-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Did you restart before playing?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
12-18-2009, 02:03 AM
im currently downloading shift

u gave me a sad

curse you
12-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Umm...welcome to Touch Arcade?
12-18-2009, 02:05 AM
So far I like it more than RR, but we all have our opinions.
12-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Looks like you made this account just to express how much you hate Need For Speed: Shift.