★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What do you drive in NFS Shift???

12-18-2009, 03:23 AM
#1
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 201
What do you drive in NFS Shift???

I wanna see what you guys are driving! As for me, check out my car:



12-18-2009, 04:07 AM
#2
No replies after 20 minutes. That should tell you we are driving absolutely nothing. The game is too laggy to stear our cars in the right direction. So why bother at all!

I think the deafening of your post speaks for itself. NFSS sucks!!!!

12-18-2009, 04:16 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmania View Post
No replies after 20 minutes. That should tell you we are driving absolutely nothing. The game is too laggy to stear our cars in the right direction. So why bother at all!

I think the deafening of your post speaks for itself. NFSS sucks!!!!
I think the fact that everybody hates your guts speaks for itself. Go play xbox or something.
12-18-2009, 04:40 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmania View Post
No replies after 20 minutes. That should tell you we are driving absolutely nothing. The game is too laggy to stear our cars in the right direction. So why bother at all!

I think the deafening of your post speaks for itself. NFSS sucks!!!!
Obviously the game isn't too laggy to steer our cars in the right direction, as he has a better car than is available with the starting cash.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
12-18-2009, 04:43 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlovak View Post
I think the fact that everybody hates your guts speaks for itself. Go play xbox or something.
The game runs perfectly on the 3gs. Either you have an old iphone/touch or there is something wrong with your machine. It runs perfect for me. Love it.
12-18-2009, 04:52 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 251
Since the other thread got closed il post this here:

I think this game runs perfectly on my 3gs. It might run like shit on earlier models. Love it however. And for being a mobile phone game its really impressive, like Nova. The Iphone/Ipod Touch is NOT a PSP. It will NEVER be games in PSP quality on the device. Just drop it. The psp is totally dedicated for running games, the Iphone is NOT. And think about the cheap prize you are paying for the games in the appstore. Do NOT expect console quality games. Jesus...
12-18-2009, 04:56 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsoul View Post
Since the other thread got closed il post this here:

I think this game runs perfectly on my 3gs. It might run like shit on earlier models. Love it however. And for being a mobile phone game its really impressive, like Nova. The Iphone/Ipod Touch is NOT a PSP. It will NEVER be games in PSP quality on the device. Just drop it. The psp is totally dedicated for running games, the Iphone is NOT. And think about the cheap prize you are paying for the games in the appstore. Do NOT expect console quality games. Jesus...
lol, I was on a roll until Hodapp closed that thread.

Also, I agree with what you're saying.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
12-18-2009, 04:58 AM
#8
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Australia, mate!
Posts: 8,419
Gee, he must really hate this game if he's constantly writing posts to express his hate.
12-18-2009, 05:32 AM
#9
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin/Germany
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsoul View Post
Since the other thread got closed il post this here:

I think this game runs perfectly on my 3gs. It might run like shit on earlier models. Love it however. And for being a mobile phone game its really impressive, like Nova. The Iphone/Ipod Touch is NOT a PSP. It will NEVER be games in PSP quality on the device. Just drop it. The psp is totally dedicated for running games, the Iphone is NOT. And think about the cheap prize you are paying for the games in the appstore. Do NOT expect console quality games. Jesus...
Yeah, and the PC was not built to run games, and now look at things like Trackmania.

On my 3GS, the framerate is lower than it was on Real Racing on my 2G iPhone. The game is playable and makes fun, but it does not feel as good as Real Racing due to this issue.

But I had to learn that the framerate stuff is not a technological thing, but a very personal thing. Take for example Jet Car Stunts, which runs at 30 or 60 frames and therefore looks perfectly smooth on all devices. Now take Ferrari GT, which runs at a steady and solid framerate, which is a bit lower than 25 frames. Therefore, the game does not look smooth to me and I couldnít stand playing it. But most of the players here at TA did not notice that. For them, the game was perfectly smooth.

The same seems to be with NFSS. For me, the game does not run smooth. The framerate is steady and solid and I never had framerate drops, but the framerate is lower than the 30 or 60 frames and therefore it does not look and feel smooth to me. If you donít have a problem with such a low framerate thatís ok, many might also donít have a problem with it and they will love this game. But from a technological point of view, EA delivered crap. They werenít able to achieve on a 3GS, what Firemint was able achieve on a 2G. Hell, Firemint even was able to run a race with 60 cars ON SCREEN with their engine on a 3GS without problems and NFSS only has to handle two or three cars at max. Big failure for EA.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
12-18-2009, 05:48 AM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Yeah, and the PC was not built to run games, and now look at things like Trackmania.

On my 3GS, the framerate is lower than it was on Real Racing on my 2G iPhone. The game is playable and makes fun, but it does not feel as good as Real Racing due to this issue.

But I had to learn that the framerate stuff is not a technological thing, but a very personal thing. Take for example Jet Car Stunts, which runs at 30 or 60 frames and therefore looks perfectly smooth on all devices. Now take Ferrari GT, which runs at a steady and solid framerate, which is a bit lower than 25 frames. Therefore, the game does not look smooth to me and I couldnít stand playing it. But most of the players here at TA did not notice that. For them, the game was perfectly smooth.

The same seems to be with NFSS. For me, the game does not run smooth. The framerate is steady and solid and I never had framerate drops, but the framerate is lower than the 30 or 60 frames and therefore it does not look and feel smooth to me. If you donít have a problem with such a low framerate thatís ok, many might also donít have a problem with it and they will love this game. But from a technological point of view, EA delivered crap. They werenít able to achieve on a 3GS, what Firemint was able achieve on a 2G. Hell, Firemint even was able to run a race with 60 cars ON SCREEN with their engine on a 3GS without problems and NFSS only has to handle two or three cars at max. Big failure for EA.
Well, the slightly-lower-than-silky-smooth frame rate doesn't bother me at all, although I understand why it would bother people.

Also, I don't think it was a big failure for EA, firstly I think that the graphics are better in NFS:S, and also, while I see your point, I'd like to point out that there was never any more than like 15 cars on screen in that RR demo, they don't fit.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten