★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sandbox
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: CAUTION: The following app may be extremely addictive.

Guide wisp through the dark and treacherous depths of its nameless world in this beautifully simple title from new developer Sandbox.

The hypnotic soundtrack draws you in to a false sense of security as the game gently escalates into an intense, edge of your seat style platformer.

Features:

- Ridiculously easy controls
- Stunning and carefully lit 3D graphics
- Simple yet addictive gameplay
- A mesmerizing sound track
- Online high scores

How to play:

Push wisp left and right by moving your finger anywhere across the touch screen. Avoid the ceiling, floor and dangerous platforms.

Follow us online:

www.sandboxsoftware.net

Sandbox's comments:

Guide wisp through the dark and treacherous depths of its nameless world in this beautifully simple title from new developer Sandbox.

The hypnotic soundtrack draws you in to a false sense of security as the game gently escalates into an intense, edge of your seat style platformer.

Features:
  • Ridiculously easy controls
  • Stunning and carefully lit 3D graphics
  • Simple yet addictive gameplay
  • A mesmerizing sound track
  • Online high scores

How to play:
Push wisp left and right by moving your finger anywhere across the touch screen. Avoid the ceiling, floor and dangerous platforms.

Youtube link | Pop Up

We hope you enjoy it, and we look forward to hearing any comments or feedback you may have.

www.sandboxsoftware.net
12-18-2009, 08:37 AM
2nd time I'm requesting for a vid today.
I think a gameplay demonstration is especially impt for a platformer, it really helps to make buying decisions.

12-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Looks fantastic! Any video?

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon23 View Post
Looks fantastic! Any video?

Yes please I am ready to buy !
12-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Need a video - This would be a tird if there is no parallax scrolling
12-18-2009, 04:27 PM
No one tried this yet ? Oh well I will wait a bit longer, then maybe pick it up. I am curious

I bought tons of games this week !! Great sales and freebies happening
12-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
No one tried this yet ? Oh well I will wait a bit longer, then maybe pick it up. I am curious

I bought tons of games this week !! Great sales and freebies happening
I keep looking at it but would like to see some game play. I have bought a ton of games all month.
12-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I'll TOFTT, be back soon with impressions.

12-18-2009, 04:58 PM
I picked this up but I am not sure how I feel about it. It has a cool style to it via the look and sound (music) in the game.

It plays like a fall down game where you move the ball by simply moving your finger left or right. There are spikes, break able rocks and trampaline type spots that are below you as you fall. If you fall off the bottom of the screen, you will die. You do have a power meter on the left side of the screen, so if you hit spikes, you can still survive.

The touch controls are excellent and the style of this game is really pretty cool. However, the gameplay (moving down) is something that has been done a lot of.

I would say it is worth .99 if you like these types of games.

EDIT:You can submit your high score but I can't see where you can check them.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 12-18-2009 at 05:01 PM.
12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Game Impressions

It's a simple falldown game, however the art is pretty neat and the music is calming. You swipe left and right to move the wisp left and right. The object is to stay on the screen, as you will die if you move off the bottom or if you hit the top. The game continually gets faster, and staying alive gets harder and harder. There are multiple types of platforms including: normal stone ledges, break-away ledges, ice ledges that you will slide on, trampoline ledges that you can bounce on, and spiked ledges that you want to avoid. As BazookaTime said, you have a health meter that goes down when you hit spikes so you won't die when you might have to land on them. The highscores don't seem to be viewable except in the game as you're traveling downward. On the right side you'll see how far you've traveled, along with names of others who have submitted their score. It's a fun game, but compared to the popular Cliffed, this doesn't hold up. Not to mention there is a free game called Bouncedown that is almost exactly the same gameplay wise.

EDIT: I'm addicted :P High score is 484.

Last edited by Seishu; 12-18-2009 at 05:14 PM.