★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: TBS Games LLC
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "A hellishly good action puzzler!" - TouchArcade

"Amazingly designed." - The Appera.com

"...The Inferno promises challenging puzzle play, but the carefully crafted presentation makes it enormously attractive." - Pocket Gamer

"The Fire Pits levels are AMAZING!! The intense, relentless level designs...Some of the later levels are REALLY intense and epic..." - Radim, TouchArcade Forum

You play as Dante, the heart-broken hero of the game. With Virgil as your guide, you embark on an adventure through the circles of Hell facing fire pits, filth infested waters and frozen wastelands all in the name of love.

Reach Beatrice before she gets condemned to hell for betraying her husband with you. Only from the clutches of Lucifer himself can you acquire the Thorn Ring and place it on Beatrices finger.
But hurry! You only have a few hours left before her final judgment.

Solve riddles, avoid enemies and pitfalls to finally find your love.

The game is inspired by the Divine Comedy from Italian poet Dante Alighieri and comprises hours of fun.

FEATURES
- 121 levels for unlimited fun.
- Five circles, each with its own distinct graphical world.
- Two distinct endings based on the time to finish the game.
- Game modes: story based or time trial mode.
- Hundreds of riddles to solve.
- 14 Achievements to earn
- Fog effects.
- Gorgeous graphics.
- Come face to face with 4 unique bosses: the Minotaur, Cerberus, Medusa, and Lucifer.
- Amazing soundtrack (or listen to your iPod if you prefer).

This game is akin to the World's Hardest Game in a Diablo setting.

For multiplayer fun, try out UniWar, the best turn-based online multiplayer strategy game for mobile.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

The Inferno (50 Levels) [currently FREE]: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-inferno-50-levels/id342921367?mt=8

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-inferno-free/id342921912?mt=8
12-18-2009, 08:50 AM
This looks very good! I like it that you can get the lite and upgrade to full by dlc.

12-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Finally it's out! Been waiting for this.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
12-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I actually like the looks of this quite a bit, and I love that it's based off of The Inferno, but I'm really not interested in another puzzle game. The thing is, I can't tell if this is really a puzzle game with action elements or an action game with puzzle elements. I don't mind solving a few puzzles, but I don't want that to be the main focus. If anyone gets this, and can answer what the correct genre is, I'd be appreciative.
EDIT: I forgot about the free version! I'll just try it out for myself.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, as you travel through the 5 circles of hell, you have to pass through these obstacles. Or puzzles if you may. Love the look. My biggest interest is in the promise of depth to be had here.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
12-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Yeah, as you travel through the 5 circles of hell, you have to pass through these obstacles. Or puzzles if you may. Love the look. My biggest interest is in the promise of depth to be had here.
5 circles? Not to nitpick but weren't there 9 circles? :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circles_of_hell
12-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthop View Post
5 circles? Not to nitpick but weren't there 9 circles? :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circles_of_hell
Perhaps you'd like to lecture the devs.

12-18-2009, 09:34 AM
looks like a more interesting version of Zombie Dash...

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
12-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
This looks very good! I like it that you can get the lite and upgrade to full by dlc.
I agree! I like that since it seems so hard (so they claim, I have yet to play so I can't comment!) you can try out the lite but not have to repeat your progress on the full with the DLC. Some RPGs do this but not usually in puzzle games - nice to see.
12-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Wow. This game got covered on the front page already and I didnt even know

http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/18/xp...-for-24-hours/