★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FireflyLand
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Ship Control is in the style of Flight Control. Touch and drag your ship to the harbor and avoid ship collisions. There are many magic balls to help/prevent ships reach the harbor. The magic power include change the weather to rain or snow. Some magic also could let ships fly.

FEATURES

- Online high scores
- 3 types of ships. Smaller ships are faster, Larger ships are slow.
- Multi-Touch support, you could playing with a friend.
- The game could automatically save for, if you need to take a break or take a call.
- Multiplayer compete over Bluetooth(on support devices).
- Fast-forward the game and speed up the action.
- More than 7 kind of magic balls.
12-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Harbor Master meets Dragon Balls!

Simply the concept of flying ships interests me as it is clearly a game that doesn't mind getting surreal...but these screenshots, sad to say, kind of leave he impression of low production values (maybe it looks better in action).

But then again I seriously looking at Fly Control as well...so what the heck do I know?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

12-18-2009, 11:29 PM
I'd say get BOTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
But then again I seriously looking at Fly Control as well...so what the heck do I know?
12-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I did and, enh, neither did a whole lot for me off the bat...maybe I'm just in a pissy mood and will see if I eventually grow into them.

My iTunes Reviews
12-18-2009, 11:36 PM
That's a bummer. I was hoping at least one of 'em would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I did and, enh, neither did a whole lot for me off the bat...maybe I'm just in a pissy mood and will see if I eventually grow into them.
12-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brerlappin View Post
That's a bummer. I was hoping at least one of 'em would be good.
There are some interesting concepts, like the ships sprouting wings, but something just felt off and unpolished.

The game comes with three maps and I can only assume the first one I tried, I think simply entitled "Ocean", must be like a training map as it has two docks (the other two have only 1) and even after docking 100+ ships it never really got harder (I'd never have more than 4 ships on the screen at one time, usually only 2). After getting 114 on this map I just quit out. The other map I tried out briefly was "Volcano" which turns up the heat by having only 1 dock and a volcano shooting fireballs off at random into the water that you'll need to make sure doesn't hit any of your ships. This map was clearly much more difficult and somewhat amusing.

The game supports it's own online scoring but I couldn't see any online scores so I'm not sure if I was having wi-fi difficulties or if this part wasn't working quite right. They also lose point in this regard for me since, although I give them a point for having all of the online score viewing in-app, it appears that if you don't submit the score right then and there you can't submit it later. I hate games that don't allow you to submit from the highscore screen at any time as I don't always have a wi-fi connection.

Another aspect that annoyed me is that it felt that if there were multiple ships on screen the whole game ran a little slower on my ipod touch 2g which could often throw off or confuse my route plotting.

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 12-19-2009 at 11:19 AM.
12-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Now FREE.