★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anyone else's Peggle addiction subside quite a bit?

12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Anyone else's Peggle addiction subside quite a bit?

I first heard of Peggle back when the DS version came out. Bought it after a few months of deciding, and then thought to myself (this game is pretty damn fun). I was semi-addicted for a while. Then I started playing Chrono Trigger DS, and I put Peggle away for a while.

I had an LG Dare at the time, and found out they had the game available on that. So I downloaded it, and was slightly addicted to it for a while. The controls were subpar and not nearly as precise as they should have been, but I wasn't complaining too much.

Next up came the purchase of my iPhone back in June. Somewhere along the way, I downloaded Peggle on the Xbox Live Arcade, and was playing that off and on. After a few weeks of having my iPhone, I finally broke and downloaded Peggle for it, though it would be a nice gesture for Mr. iPhone

And thus the addiction spread throughout my body, sending electrical shocks to my brain every time I turned the game on. I could feel a deep connection to Peggle unlike anything I've experienced before. Every time a peg was hit, my eyes would roll in glee. My brain would have an electrical surge every time "Ode to Joy" played.

...okay I'm getting hyperbolic. But it was a damn fun game, and this was the time when I was truly "addicted" to it. I always kept it on the front page of my phone, and never dared to take it off.

Then in October, I had a revelation when I was playing a match: Wow, I'm really not having fun. As if it simply happened over night, the fun I used to have with Peggle was completely missing. Something changed, and I don't know what. It's fine for a game or two here and there, but I'm not nearly as addicted as I once was.

Does anyone else feel like their Peggle addiction has gone down to such incredible lows as you don't actually have fun with it at all anymore?
12-18-2009, 07:07 PM
That happens with a lot of my iPod games..they're all short lived, play them a bit or beat/finish them and I just stop playing
12-18-2009, 07:16 PM
You always go back to Peggle. I've been on and off for two years.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
You always go back to Peggle. I've been on and off for two years.
^^This is true.^^

I've been playing it on and off since I got Peggle extreme with the Orange Box on steam. There was even a time when I played it more than Team Fortress 2. But now I hardly play it, save a few rounds every once in a while.

Open Feint/Gamecenter: The Running Man
Plus+: TheRunningMan
Agon/Gameloft Live: The_Running_Man
Currently Enjoying: Games.