★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mini Squadron Review!!!

12-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Nice Review! I love this game

PS For future reference put reviews in the "User Review" section of the forums

Gamecenter: Will090
12-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Good review. But if I'm not mistake, wrong section?

12-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Wrong section.

EDIT: Really shitty review. You're bashing on Avatar and NOVA, and those are high-budget, premium priced games that also provide a lot of fun. Not that MiniSquadron isn't a good game, because I covered that on our site, but it can't really be compared to Avatar or NOVA. You really need to change up the way you review games, because MiniSquadron is in no way related stylistically to the two aforementioned games. Also, many people love Avatar and NOVA, and don't regret their purchase at all. Saying "if you wasted $10 on Avatar or $6.99 on NOVA..." and "you'll enjoy this game more than Avatar or NOVA, that is a fact!" just makes me sick. I don't think there's any way a site would take you on, because you seem hellbent on bashing Gameloft and disregarding their games' quality and polish. Even if you dislike the games, as a writer you need to consider the general public instead of just your opinion. In my opinion, you're not a good writer at all, but just a whiny little wannabe that loves getting attention on these forums. If you shut the **** up and get out of here, I'll pretend I never met you.

2ND EDIT: If anyone listens to this guy, I feel very sorry for you.

Last edited by Kunning; 12-19-2009 at 03:17 PM.
12-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Almost good review, no flaming from anyone this time.
But sarcasticgamer will probably come here and say it sucks because it was made by an indie dev

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; 12-19-2009 at 03:16 PM.
12-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
Good review, no flaming from anyone this time.
Yeah, this should prove that those who thought he was a troll are mistaken.

DEFY THE COSMOS!
12-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi,

The review was fine, I bought the game and like it a lot.

My issue is down in final thought section.

Quote:
if you have wasted $10 on avatar or $6.99 on NOVA,
and
Quote:
I promised you WILL have MORE FUN than any of these other games mentioned. That is a fact!
Taking a cheap shot at another game does not help you make your point credible.

Secondly, you can promise something but you have not any way to backup that promise.

These points weaken an otherwise fine review for a nice game that should be supported.

I am not taking a shot at you, just offering some constructive critiquing.

Lots better than your NSF Shift piece.

David
12-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
Yeah, this should prove that those who thought he was a troll are mistaken.
He is still annoying as hell and still flaunting the rules of this site. And he can't help but use this "positive" review to make some trollish remarks about Nova and Avatar. Two locked threads in his first week on TA must be some sort of a record.

Next time, helmania, how about reviewing a game that hasn't been extensively covered already? Anyone who doesn't know that Mini Squadron is awesome by this point is simply not paying attention. There are many great games out there that have received little or no attention. Go find them and tell us about them. Make yourself useful for once.
12-19-2009, 03:15 PM
See my edited post.
12-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
Wrong section.

EDIT: Really shitty review. You're bashing on Avatar and NOVA, and those are high-budget, premium priced games that also provide a lot of fun. Not that MiniSquadron isn't a good game, because I covered that on our site, but it can't really be compared to Avatar or NOVA. You really need to change up the way you review games, because MiniSquadron is in no way related stylistically to the two aforementioned games. Also, many people love Avatar and NOVA, and don't regret their purchase at all. Saying "if you wasted $10 on Avatar or $6.99 on NOVA..." and "you'll enjoy this game more than Avatar or NOVA, that is a fact!" just makes me sick. I don't think there's any way a site would take you on, because you seem hellbent on bashing Gameloft and disregarding their games' quality and polish. Even if you dislike the games, as a writer you need to consider the general public instead of just your opinion. In my opinion, you're not a good writer at all, but just a whiny little wannabe that loves getting attention on these forums. If you shut the **** up and get out of here, I'll pretend I never met you.
Sorry, but i happen to agree with him. High production values and shiny graphics do not a fun game make. Luckily for me, im cynical enough to NOT have spent that much money on those games before seeing if there is a downside first. And finally, while Gameloft has plenty of polish, their quality is debatable.

DEFY THE COSMOS!
12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
Sorry, but i happen to agree with him. High production values and shiny graphics do not a fun game make. Luckily for me, im cynical enough to NOT have spent that much money on those games before seeing if there is a downside first. And finally, while Gameloft has plenty of polish, their quality is debatable.
I know how you think, and I respect that. However, I do know that talking about other completely unrelated games in a review does not a good writer make. So obviously you're not considering the complete side of things, because I've never seen any competent writer or site mention a fun, more casual flight combat game in comparision to a high-budget movie game or a Halo clone.