• Publisher: Tiger Style
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3.7 (3)
App description: HORNETS MUST BE TACKLED!
SPIDER: HORNET SMASH is a free promotional game for SPIDER: THE SECRET OF BRYCE MANOR, by TIGER STYLE.

-----------------------------

* FURIOUS NON-STOP ACTION

- Frenetic arcade style gameplay.
- Waves of hornets are invading, smash as many as you can!
- Dodge the attacks of angry hornets, eat tasty lacewings for health, and fight to stay alive!

* TRY ONE OF THE IPHONE'S MOST ORIGINAL GAMES

- Experience one of the top iPhone/iPod Touch games of 2009!
- Natural, intuitive controls designed explicitly for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Includes SPIDER LITE -- one complete level from the award-winning Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor.

* GLOBAL ONLINE LEADERBOARDS

- Compete with other Hornet Smash players around the world for high scores.
- Compare scores with your friends using Facebook Connect!

* SAVE ANYWHERE

- Exit your game at any time.
- Next time you play, start right where you left off!

What the critics are saying about SPIDER: THE SECRET OF BRYCE MANOR:

Game of the Year - AppGamer.net

Platform Game of the Year - IGN

Platformer of the Year - Slide To Play

5 stars - TouchArcade

"One of our top 3 iPhone games of all time." - boing boing

4/4 stars - USA Today

** WATCH THE OFFICIAL Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor TRAILER AT:
http://bit.ly/15PEoZ

** VISIT US AT
tigerstylegames.com

** FOLLOW US AT
twitter.com/tigerstylegames

** IF YOU NEED SUPPORT
Contact us at support@tigerstylegames.com

Tiger Style is a distributed collective of passionate video game developers, from industry veterans to indie musicians. We're here to bring premiere, unique game experiences to your iPhone and iPod Touch.
12-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Haha, awesome. That must be what the developer was hinting at in the thread when someone recommended a hornet mode, and they were like "Interesting".

Damn awesome, and awesome that it's only Free

12-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Freakin' genius idea on the devs' part. Hornet tackling is one of the best parts of the game.
12-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes!

12-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Hornet Smash is an entirely new game mode that is not in the main game. Here's a quick rundown of how it plays:

- Hornets come in waves and build nests. You must tackle them.
- If the nest gets too big, it explodes, releasing angry hornets.
- Angry hornets will sting you, but if you dodge their sting, you can strike back.
- Or you can smash the nests ahead of time to release the angry hornets in more manageable numbers.
- Lazy Hornets are worth 1 point, Angry Hornets are worth 2 points.
- Smashing an entire wave of Lazy Hornets is worth 5 points.
- The intensity increases as time goes on, the hornets come fast and furious, and you try to stay alive and get as high of a score as possible.
- Trap lacewings by building webs and eat them for health.

We have separate leaderboards for each of the 3 levels -- Pantry, Garden, and Attic. I'm currently at the top spot in each, can you take me down?
12-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow! That sounds insane! I'm about to play it now lol

I doubt I can beat the devs high score though
12-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Woa! Almost didn't download this one... I just thought it was a lite trying to be fancy with the name. You guys should call it something other than FREE on the title bar. Maybe I was the only one, but that's usually connected to a lite... just call it "Spider: Hornet Smash", if it's a chapter not in the full game, with just a link to either upgrade or buy the full, it perfectly fine to name it just "Spider: Hornet Smash".
12-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plast2 View Post
Woa! Almost didn't download this one... I just thought it was a lite trying to be fancy with the name. You guys should call it something other than FREE on the title bar. Maybe I was the only one, but that's usually connected to a lite... just call it "Spider: Hornet Smash", if it's a chapter not in the full game, with just a link to either upgrade or buy the full, it perfectly fine to name it just "Spider: Hornet Smash".
It is just called "Spider: Hornet Smash" .. you mean the title of this forum thread? Somebody else would have to change that
12-19-2009, 07:17 PM
this games looks great, love spider, and having a great pick up and play game based on the mechanics means i know have the best casual game on the iphone along with the best game full stop
12-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tiger View Post
It is just called "Spider: Hornet Smash" .. you mean the title of this forum thread? Somebody else would have to change that
Yeah, just here on the forum