★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Preview video: Big Fun Racing

01-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Preview video: Big Fun Racing

I'd like to show a preview video of the upcoming coin-collecting racer game I'm developing for the iPhone called "Big Fun Racing". I just made a little YouTube video (still learning, a bit blurry) but it gives an idea of the game.

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game is about collecting coins on various stunt tracks within a given time with one of 4 selectable cars. The cars have different attributes like engine power and handling so you can select the right car for each track. 4 difficulty modes are avaible from easy to ultra hard. Entertainment-wise there are 5 unique mp3 tracks built-in in the style of the 70's series "Streets of San Francisco". The game is in early beta now and I'm about to produce more tracks for the game to get at least a count of 50 built-in tracks. The game features also downloadable tracks via the Internet so that people can connect in the game to the internet and download every week a brand new track. Those tracks are downloaded and stored locally so that also offline-devices can play without an active internet connection. The game uses heavy physics (NVidia PhysX) and I hope this is something that you like to play.

Anyways, just wanted to post this to get some feedback from you guys! Especially I'm interested what you think would be the right price for it and if you would like to be able to design your own tracks in the game and upload them so that others can play the too. I'm open to any hints & critics. Shoot away!

Thanks a bunch!
Martin :-)

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 01-15-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Embedded your vid for you ;)
01-15-2009, 07:44 AM
That looks great! Firstly, welcome to the forums. Secondly, is there a way for your car to be destroyed via too much damage, or can you crash it as much as you like? Thirdly, what kind of price range was you thinking of for it? I like the look of the controls and physics. Nice

01-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Morti, the game is looking like good fun, but it would be good to have competition against another three AI controlled cars, maybe a little like the Mario Kart Battle mode. Maybe if you bumped in to a competitors cars they drop or loose all their coins.
I'm assuming acceleration is controlled by the two chevrons in the bottom right hand corner.
A few different cars would also be a bonus.
01-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Looks insane. I'd buy for sure
Same with beta testing too :P
I think it would be better if you use gas and brake pedals instead of arrows (or just make transparant grey rectangles with the arrows in them) and possibly have a map or something? Just my 2 cents
good luck with it all and I look forward to purchasing (for a price, I'd say AU$2.49 [USD$1.99] would be doable for the start, considering Bootants Crazy Tanks is a similar 3D experience with similar concept for 1.19, and we all know where that one is sitting)
So again, good luck, can't wait to try it , looks very awesome.

Lockscreen Wallpaper Creator
01-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev81uk View Post
...it would be good to have competition against another three AI controlled cars, maybe a little like the Mario Kart Battle mode. Maybe if you bumped in to a competitors cars they drop or loose all their coins...

...A few different cars would also be a bonus.
And what if they'd then bump into you so you lost all your coins? Sounds a little frustrating.

There are 'a few different cars'. You see them on the video.
01-15-2009, 07:49 AM
This game looks sweet. Thanks for the preview. Will definitely be trying this one out.

Twitter: @Zincous
01-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
And what if they'd then bump into you so you lost all your coins? Sounds a little frustrating.

There are 'a few different cars'. You see them on the video.
Maybe's not all then, but loosing one or two coins would make it competitive.
01-15-2009, 07:57 AM
I think its looking pretty sweet

I would definately say that looking at a map option is a good idea. Its one of the most moans about touchgrind.

Users designing tracks is a good idea and be able to download other peoples would be fun.

Have you thought about any kind of online play or leaderboards?

Being able to customise the cars would be good as well
01-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev81uk View Post
Maybe's not all then, but loosing one or two coins would make it competitive.
Like sonic (ie loosing a few stars when you hit something) also a way to make the car 'break' (end run) whilst not having to make any models of stuff falling off the car etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviet View Post
I think its looking pretty sweet

I would definately say that looking at a map option is a good idea. Its one of the most moans about touchgrind.

Users designing tracks is a good idea and be able to download other peoples would be fun.

Have you thought about any kind of online play or leaderboards?

Being able to customise the cars would be good as well
I like all these ideas Make it happen?

Lockscreen Wallpaper Creator
01-15-2009, 09:17 AM
looks like a different racing game, in a kool way tho yea if you need beta tester i could help you with that

(im just saying, not asking)