★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombie Parade has been released

12-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Zombie Parade has been released

Zombie Parade has just been released on the iPhone.

Check it out on the App Store

Build various types of defenses to save the fairies from the Zombie Parade.

In game characters will guide you through the learning process as you make your way through the levels. Along the way, you'll gain access to new defense structures and spells to combat the zombies.

As you will see from the screenshots, all violence depicted in this game is tastefully 'cute', right down to the satisfying poppuing off of a zombie's head.

This is a lane based tower defense / real time strategy game.

A scoring system allows users to fast forward the level to gain a higher rank for replay value.

Future development of new defenses, spells and monsters is planned and the first update is a few days away from submission.

Join the facebook group 'Zombie Parade' to have your say in what you would like to see next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0459.png
Views:	31
Size:	323.7 KB
ID:	12416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0449.png
Views:	21
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	12417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0421.png
Views:	10
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	12418  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0425.png
Views:	12
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	12419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0415.png
Views:	9
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	12420  
12-19-2009, 03:47 PM
reminds me of plants vs zombies, except upside down...

is the game experience somewhat comparable?

12-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Yes, it's similar in style to Plants vs Zombies.

If you try it out, I'd really appreciate your feedback. I'm working on an update now with new defences and monsters and the concept of a 'nuild cooldown' as seen in Plants vs Zombies. I plan to have an update every 2 weeks with new content and changes based on user feedback.
12-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieParade View Post

If you try it out, I'd really appreciate your feedback. I'm working on an update now with new defences and monsters and the concept of a 'nuild cooldown' as seen in Plants vs Zombies. I plan to have an update every 2 weeks with new content and changes based on user feedback.
man, i hate you...
i didn't want to buy any more apps this weekend [self-restraint and all that stuff] but i guess i have to get this...

will report back later or tomorrow, but i promise i'll get it.
12-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it.

I'll take any feedback seriously for future updates. Just post your comments here, on iTunes or the facebook group.
12-19-2009, 05:52 PM
alright... i'm up to level 6 or 7 now and most people will like to know 'if the game is worth getting', so this one first: yes, this game is easily worth it's price imo. [it surely does not have the depth of pvz, but 99c is more than fair]

graphics: i pretty much like the graphics. obviously these are not ultra-top-notch-high-end but they do work and i think they have somewhat of their own charm. i especially like the 'crying zombies'.

sound: the effects are ok but i don't really like the fairy. it's nice to have someone/something give tips during the gameplay and i don't think it's irritating or something, but there is something about that voice i don't like. perhaps an option to turn the fairy off would be nice. also an option to adjust sound-effects/music would be appreciated...

gameplay: well the buttons do their job and as said before in this thread. this basically is plants vs zombies top/down. at the moment there are four towers, which is fine but a little sparse. i hope in later levels there will be more towers, if not i'm already waiting for the updates. it pretty much feels like a casual version of plants vs zombies which is not a bad thing at all. i also really like that you included minigames [or at least one that i have seen so far / level 5 i think]

scoring system: i think it really is good that there is a scoring system but it's not optimal imo. 1) is there an option to see how you scored on levels except for the endscreen of the stage? (haven't found one) 2) i don't think the epic/elite/good thing really works. i think it would be better to implement real scores based on time or such. [e.g. 100.000 points counting down, every second -50 points or whatever...]

all in all i do like it pretty much. do i even need to mention that this is way better than plant defense or whatever the one pvz ripoff was called?

this really is a game of it's own and everyone that is looking forward to plants vs zombies should grab this to shorten the waiting time.
12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks heaps for the review carnivore, I appreciate the time you put into it. This is the first review I've had and was really excited to read it.

In response to your feedback:

Yes, I'll definitely be adding an options screen to allow adjustment of settings such as music and sound. Unfortunately this won't be in the first update, but it's on the short list.

I can understand your dislike of the voice of the fairy. It's similar to the YouTube sensation 'Fred' which people either love or hate. Similarities could also be drawn to the Jar Jar Binks character in Star Wars *ugh*. I've added an item on the list to get the voice re-recorded by an actual female rather than having a synthesised chipmunk =P

And yes! There will definately be more towers and more monsters coming =) I'm a big fan of the way Pocket God regularly send out updates with new content and plan to do the same with Zombie Parade. Every update will have at least one defence structure and possibly a new spell or type of monster. I'm encouraging players to take part in the development of the game and would love to hear of any suggestions for new units. I plan to have the first update submitted by the end of day today and will post a teaser when it's done.

I agree that the scoring system isn't the best. To answer your question, you aren't able to see a history of the scores you have achieved on a level =(. A long term plan is to integrate Open Feint into the game to promote competition with other players. I would also like to introduce a 'marathon/survival/endless' map where players can compete to see who can last the longest. Hopefully, every update would provide the defences necessary to last a little longer on this map.
12-19-2009, 08:49 PM
well it wasn't really a 'review' as more some 'comments' on the game because i don't see myself fit to write a 'real review'. nonetheless i enjoyed the game so far and i am looking forward to spending some more time with it the upcoming days.

please don't ever mention jar jar again. i'm not a star wars nerd or anything but i really, really, really, really disliked that guy. the fairy is nowhere near jar jar. but you are right, a real female voice would make this way better.

the plan to put updates out as often as pocket god is suicidal if i may say so. i really appreciate your enthusiasm, but please don't forget to eat or drink when you want to hold up that output. hell, half of that output would be more than adequate.

first thing that comes to mind about new towers/units would be:
- towers with double the firerate (or a possibility to upgrade a tower that way)
- towers with aoe damage (or a possibility to upgrade a tower that way)
- towers with piercing ability (or a possibility to upgrade a tower that way)
- 'sprinter'-zombies that are twice as fast
- 'boomer'-zombies that endure twice as much damage (please make me a fatty zombie )

open feint, agon, plus+ or whatever network would be fine (open feint being the most popular), but as you said that should be 'long term', i guess. and the marathon idea is superb. that is something that would immensely add to replayability i think.

if i read that right and this is your first real game you ever made, i have to take my head sir. that is pretty amazing.

Last edited by carnivore; 12-19-2009 at 08:58 PM.
12-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Seriously? Instant buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
And yes! There will definately be more towers and more monsters coming =) I'm a big fan of the way Pocket God regularly send out updates with new content and plan to do the same with Zombie Parade.
Yey!!!! Please keep em coming. Appreciate the hard work and devs like this should get all the support they need.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
12-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Just played 2 levels now. Nice sound and music. Love the simple artwork. This is an awesome simple Plants vs Zombies-ish game. If you're a fan of PvZ, this is a must get.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ