★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tiki Hearts is the first free multiplayer Hearts game on the App Store. You can play with friends, or compete against the other players in the jujuPlay community. If you don't want to play against others, or don't have enough players to make a full table our AI players can take their place and keep the game moving.

If you don't know how to play Hearts we've also included a training feature to help you by highlighting a suitable card to play. The trainer mode won't make you an expert, but it can help you learn the basics.

As avid Hearts fans we've made sure to include the most popular play variations as our standard mode in Tiki Hearts.

Features:
- Play online with human players, or offline against the AI.
- Play games with the rest of the community for global standings, or just play with friends for fun.
- Beautiful graphics and sound effects.
- Multiple play parameters for online play.

Tiki Hearts is also part of the jujuPlay community where you can:
- Chat with others while you play
- Compare your best games and highest scores with other players
- Earn Badges with high scores and other in-game achievements
- Build up a personal profile to share with others
- Create friend lists so you can find them online more easily
- Much much more!

This version of Tiki Hearts can also be upgraded to add the following features;
- No Advertisements
- Access to Expert skill setting for online games
- More advanced options for creating/finding tables

Vexxed's comments:
Our latest game, Tiki Hearts, has just been released. It's a full multi-player version of the classic Hearts card game that can be played over WiFi, 3G, or Edge.

It's free to download so please take a look at it and let me know what you think. We have some additional functionality that can be unlocked through in-app purchase so if you're serious about doing a review, let me know in a private message on here and I'll unlock a copy for you (Apple doesn't have promo codes for that kind of thing, but I can do it from our server without you purchasing it).

We're working on a way to do our own form of promo codes and I'll update this thread when we have something to announce.

12-19-2009, 05:33 PM
I will download this game. I love hearts. Multiplayer is the key if enough people pick this up.
12-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Downloaded and played a couple rounds. The ads with all of your games are very distracting. Cookie Bonus Solitaire use to be one of my favorite games until your recent update. The cards don't look the same and the ads now get in the way of seeing the cards so you have to wait until the ad leaves. The announcements of who is winning is distracting too because it covers the cards.

As for Hearts, it would be nice if there were directions for those who do not know how to play.
12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appdawg View Post
Downloaded and played a couple rounds. The ads with all of your games are very distracting. Cookie Bonus Solitaire use to be one of my favorite games until your recent update. The cards don't look the same and the ads now get in the way of seeing the cards so you have to wait until the ad leaves. The announcements of who is winning is distracting too because it covers the cards.

As for Hearts, it would be nice if there were directions for those who do not know how to play.
You can change the card style from the settings, and you can also change the drop down settings for the challenges and make it so the announcements only go to chat. We set the default to be outside chat because chat was getting way overloaded. It works well for the other games, but unfortunately it's not great for Solitaire. I'm trying to figure out a better solution.

As for the ads, they're necessary to pay for the upkeep of servers, etc. However, if you don't want the ads you can definitely purchase the full version and you won't see ads any more.
12-20-2009, 12:28 AM
I downloaded the app, and would like to upgrade but have no idea how to do that. I went through all the menu buttons on both screens and can't figure it out. If it turns out to be easy, I'm gonna feel very stupid. LOL
12-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD5000 View Post
I downloaded the app, and would like to upgrade but have no idea how to do that. I went through all the menu buttons on both screens and can't figure it out. If it turns out to be easy, I'm gonna feel very stupid. LOL
There are a couple of places:
1. When setting up an online game, there's a button to Enable Expert.
2. After playing a game, there will periodically be a reminder to upgrade to the full version.

Sounds like we should just add a button to the main menu, "Upgrade to Full". Seems rather silly to have skipped such a simple thing