★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Any rumors of a Kroll update?

01-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Any rumors of a Kroll update?

It seems this game is just a few steps away from being a lot of fun. Have its developers ever announced any plans for some updates i.e. jump/block/new enemies or are we stuck with it as is? I thought I heard that a sequel was in works, which I'm sure would incorporate some of these improvements, but that doesn't help current owners of the game.
01-15-2009, 08:43 AM
game sucks lets leave it!

01-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I like Kroll more than Hero of Sparta. The graphics/characters are bigger and it is not 3d. In HoS most of the time I don't see anything because there are enemies all around me. I just tap the sword button and "I" automatically go from one enemy to the next - but since they don't zoom in I can't distinguish the different characters .

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

Last edited by Oliver; 01-15-2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo
01-15-2009, 09:17 AM
I'll agree partly. The characters in Kroll just seem...bigger whereas you can only really see the HOS character in those cut scenes.
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Think about it

But let's think about it...even if they were to update of..how much would really even change since this game doesn't have much replay value..Yeah hero of Sparta had far away camera angles but you deft were left with much more to do and much more depth..we just need a kroll 2
01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Look at what easy mode did for Fastlane - it's practically an entire new game. Blocking and jumping would completely change the gameplay of Kroll; I really think it would be a lot more fun then, not to mention quite a bit easier.
01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
This game was a groundbreaker so I don't like when people bust it's chops, eventhough HoS's gameplay outshines......it's kind of like people saying they don't like mario bros. because smash bros is available.

As we played it the only reason it was "bad" is because of length and lack of gameplay and or versitility

So that mean we wanted more....that doesn't mean it sucks.

As new games continue to come out we tend to get a little spoiled and forget how much of an O.G. This game really is (for the appstore).

I'll admit it's not on my phone anymore but it took some really good stuff to replace it...and I've even thought about putting back on recently, more as a show off piece & for friends that don't have an iPhone and aren't gonna tackel HoS's controls in the 10-20 min I'm gonna let them play. because it's a lot easier to give a run down on Kroll than HoS.

It's a great starter game, it's still one of the top five smoothest running games. Looks beatiful

I'm curiouse as to how many say it sucks now, if they were saying that after they downloaded it.

I don't think the dev's will ever touch the current version after everything that has come out now, but a kroll two would be very welcome to the home screen.

Last edited by RedStaR; 01-15-2009 at 03:10 PM.
01-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Actually, Kroll received quite a nice update for its Japanese release. The name was changed to something like 'Kroll - Legend of the Dragon Sword' or something like that. The story was slighty altered, an additional level was included and the main character was changed from a barbarian with his big stick of death, to a ninja with a sword, so as to appeal to the Japanese market more.

Would like to see these options included into the western version as an update. It's the nearest we'd have to a Ninja Gaiden on the iPhone/iTouch.
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't like kroll but ninja kroll wud b sweet!
01-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Here's to a future update! Hopefully with it I will find the courage to actually purchase this game for more than just showing off fancy iPod Touch graphics!