★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Solus Games
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Battle Bones is a classic beat em up adventure with attractive visuals, unique controls, and tons a evil boney warriors to defeat to save the kindom.

Features:
Story Mode with 12 Levels and 10 Enemies
2 Difficulty Levels
High Scores per level and difficulty
Score Attack Mode

A GamePlay video can be found here:
www.solusgames.com

You play as Skullena, the warrior princess that has been given special powers to defeat the undead skeletal goons terrorizing the kingdom. The game is setup up in levels with progression in classic beat em up style except render in 3D.

Multiple melee attacks and combos can be done via various touch controls on the attack button.

With enough magic energy taken from fallen enemies special powers can be cast via unique gestures.

Check out this unique hack and slash adventure with rich 3D models, evil boney enemies, and a unique intuitive control scheme designed for iPhone and iPod Touch.

freedog's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Ok I decided to give the game a shot, after seeing the video.

You move left and right, but can move in and out of the screen also, and can turn to face enemies in most directions using the virtual joystick.

The attack button is actually an attack pad, and while you can press on one side or the other like a button to do attacks, you also can swipe the attack pad to do specials.

You have a block button to stop attacks, and a jump button to let you get out of sticky spots.

And you have a special button, as you kill things you fill up a powerup meter, and then you can press the special button. When you press it, time stops, and you can then do the gesture listed to do the special attack. I only saw one special so far, "storm" which is a whirlwind attack.

Controls seem like they will take a bit of a learning curve to get used to, but they seem pretty accurate.

The graphics seem fine.

The game says it has 12 levels, and I have completed one so far.

If you like side scrolling survival/combat type of games, you should give this a try.

I think its pretty good, and I enjoy playing it. I will try to get a bit farther and post more impressions tomorrow.

For $1.99, its not one I will regret buying.

Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
12-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh... the screenies alone are doing something to my bones .

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ