★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Biggest Fails of Eliminate

12-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Biggest Fails of Eliminate

*Now with edits!

*I also dislike the Quake/UT Engines, it feels like your on rollerskates*

1. Levelling, if I want to play an RPG i will, I hate levelling in FPS, h-a-t-e i-t!!!

Killzone 2 was the only game to get this balanced decently.. (even then its annoying)

2. The animations for weapons are really lame and low frame-rate, i dont like it.

3. Credits are way overpriced, and dont last nearly long enough... I think ngmoco got greedy here and put in a real nickel & dime scheme, the USD is worth way more credits than the measly amount you get.

4. Story: it sucks. You play in Virtual Reality rooms in some sort of Company O'Murder? sucks.

5. Bots: the. worst. ever. They literally put zero thought into the AI, the bots rarely get any kills, or are doing stupid stuff, and yet spawn with ridiculous weapons.

Last edited by acidshaman; 12-19-2009 at 09:25 PM.
12-19-2009, 09:13 PM
I see.

12-19-2009, 09:15 PM
All of the "Shield Campers."

Dylan1696 ]
Playing: ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──'─, Discworld, Broken Sword, Flight of the Amazon Queen The Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jim & Frank BRM, Highborn
12-19-2009, 09:20 PM
god, I hate shield bashing.. I literally dont understand it. Its fun to get kills with it, but its too annoying getting killed by it. Its like an overshield/melee of doom
12-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Honestly, If you hate Elim why talk about it here? there is the original thread for you to put your trash in.
12-19-2009, 09:47 PM
What's not fail about it besides being able to accumulate one star reviews..

Twitter: @back2this
12-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I guess I'm one of the few that instead of complaining, I would rather find a solution to any problems i have.

@acidshaman To answer your questions

*I also dislike the Quake/UT Engines, it feels like your on rollerskates*

That my friend is your opinion. I have no problems with it.

1. Leveling is part of the game. Some will like it and some wont. You just happen to not.

2. The animations for weapons are really lame and low frame-rate? I again have no problems with these animations nor the framerate on my ipod Touch 2G.

3. If you don't like the DLC, don't buy them. ngmoco has never forced you to buy and there are plenty of players that have obtained higher levels for absolutley free.

4. Story: it sucks. Ok this i 100% agree with you on without a doubt. Being there isnt a single player campaign mode, the story has never bothered me. I think kill or be killed.

5. Bots: the. worst. ever. Again I agree with you 100%

Now regarding shield bashers, yeah we all hate them but again there is a solution to every problem. If i notice the same person starting to rely on the shield...I make it to where that person wishes they never played against me. They will not only hardly ever get to the shield without being picked off. if they do get the shield, i have enough distance to not get hit by it till it wears off. Try mastering moving backwards while shooting. that cures the chase the second the shield wears off.

This is my opinion and and i do not discredit anyones frustration because i understand. I would rather not bitch and complain about it when ngmoco has heard these same complaints an endless amount of times.

If you feel the need to flame me for my posted; I have a better idea. add me and find me in-game under "Stro" or "Halfrica" and we can just settle it there.

Game Center: Diligence
12-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Well yeah you got good points there. But I think you guys are overlooking a lot of it's good parts? Well you feel like you're playing for something instead of just playing. The powerups balance out pretty nicely (except the shield, i fing hate it) and adds more to the gameplay. I mean the online multiplayer works if you're router doesnt suck. And hello its free, dont like it? delete it. Also it was the first FPS to actually work online on the ipod. When MC multiplayer launched it had more problems than eliminate.

but I'd like to add the negatives:
LAG
terrible matching. I dont want to play people 15-20 levels higher than me.
Shield is too overpowered, like wtf.
12-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Halfrica.. hahah I like that...

I pretty much agree with what ya said GodSon... as for the animations/framerate, compare the AR in NOVA to the AR (assault rifle) in Eliminate... its way worse IMO

One thing that really bugs me, is that 'there is no reason to play'... just look @ like Halo's Multiplayer, which is the exact model used in NOVA, you play for fun, not to get ranks or achievments, again I have WoW that I DO play, where there are a bunch of goals, incentives, and loot... in a first person shooter I just want to PLAY not go on some level up quest...

If the multiplayer cant keep me interested, carrot-on-a-stick models dont help and I honestly think its a worse system

Last edited by acidshaman; 12-19-2009 at 10:54 PM.
12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
can i think that this is the biggest fail ever since mr. bush acted like a dumb mother *cough*