★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Spider, Plushed, or Bounce On?

12-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Spider, Plushed, or Bounce On?

Hey, I know there are a lot of these type of threads but I was kind of hoping to make a purchase tonight.

Anyway, Bounce On just went on sale tonight for 1.99 and I've heard its a great platformer. I've tried the lite and thought it was pretty cool, but I have preferred Soosiz so far.

On the topic of Spider, I've heard it is a beautifully done game. I know its cool, but what exactly do you do? From what I've heard it does not sound exactly like a platformer, but more like a Arachnadoodle-type game.

On to Plushed. It looked really cool, and I'd like to buy it as sort of a thank you to the developers of the appvent calendar. My one serious concern about the game is this: it has 9 levels. Unless these levels are reaaallly long, then that does not seem like enough gameplay for me. I'd expect to get around 1-2 hours of gameplay out of this.
EDIT: I also think they may have a sale or giveaway for Plushed on the appvent calendar on the 23rd or 24th.
Just a thought.

Thank you for any advice, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

[ERROR<:>/ insert witty saying here/>]

Last edited by abruce42; 12-19-2009 at 11:19 PM.
12-19-2009, 11:16 PM
spider hands down! it's actually nothing like arachanadoodle... i dont know why people make that connection... maybe just cuz they both have spiders?

anyway, is spider, you move around the level and swipe the screen to shoot a web. make a web complete by making a closed shape and all the bugs that fly into it you can eat... once you have eaten enough bugs, you can advance into the next level, however, you only have a certain amount of string per level...

the levels are very graphically amazing, all like 38 of them! the controls are spot on and there are about 20 secret areas to find which will help you solve the mystery of the abandoned home.... it's really a one of a kind game... one of my top 5 ever

12-20-2009, 01:20 AM
I like Plushed. Its pretty fun, always makes me hungry though
12-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Bounce On hands down. I played Plushed today (three levels) and it's OK, but it's slow. Spider is a great game for sure, but Bounce On is my favorite game on the iPhone.

To me it's really between spider and Bounce On.
12-20-2009, 05:54 AM
spider.

to compare it to arachnadoodle, a pick up and play game is TOTALLY wrong, its a full story mode adventure with beautiful graphics and brilliant gameplay mechanics.

its a one of a kind on the platform.

you MUST get it.
12-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Spider definitely. And they have just released Hornet Smash for free so you'll get the feel of how cool Spider is.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
12-20-2009, 06:43 AM
spider or plushed.

at this point you will most probably get more playtime out of spider, but plushed is fun too.

i had bounce on for months now and it never felt like a game to come back to for me. that is not to say it was bad or anything, just never really held my interest...
12-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Bounce on. Tons of content, cool 2D graphics, and mario-like landscapes. It's also not going to get any cheaper than 1.99, so now may be the time to get it.

Currently Playing: iBlast Moki, Super Monkey Ball 2, Cobra Command, Assassin's Creed
12-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Bounce On. With 5 worlds, (AKA tons and tons of levels) you'll get the most play time out of it. It's also really fun, with the different environments, power-ups, etc. Most similar to Mario out of the bunch. Really polished, boss levels, and most importantly, Plus+ with leaderboards and achievements!

I think that Plus+ would sell it to me alone. $1.99 is an amazing deal for a game that lasted me over 5 hours. Plus+ adds to replayability.
12-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Bounce on. Lots of levels, fun, Plus+, and can be pretty challenging.