★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-11-2012, 06:10 AM
#41
Yet another game destroyed by BulkyPix. Latest update crashes on iOS3.
Quality control ? No, they don't. Lame.
Avoid updating it.
Avoid BulkyPix games.

___
BABEL Rising [Bulkypix] (v1.7.3 os3)
dyld: Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
11-12-2012, 08:19 AM
#42
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreGoriot View Post
Yet another game destroyed by BulkyPix. Latest update crashes on iOS3.
Quality control ? No, they don't. Lame.
Avoid updating it.
Avoid BulkyPix games.

___
BABEL Rising [Bulkypix] (v1.7.3 os3)
dyld: Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Hi!

As mentioned on the App Store game description, Babel Rising: Cataclysm requires iOS 4.3 at least to be played.

We're sorry if you were able to play before the update but the game wasn't supposed to run properly without a more recent iOS version.

Except if your device does not support it, we suggest you to update it with a more recent iOS version to avoid many compatiblity problems.

BULKYPIX TEAM
Publisher and developer

11-14-2012, 04:28 PM
#43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo78140 View Post
As mentioned on the App Store game description, Babel Rising: Cataclysm requires iOS 4.3 at least to be played.
We are NOT speaking about "Babel Risingn Cataclysm", but about "Babel Rising" (this one: https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/babel-rising/id342426321?mt=8 ).
It is sold as "iOS3 compatible". It worked fine with iOS3 before the latest update (v1.7.3).
You destroyed the game. Your code has bugs.
Now you must fix it. I wrote the exact crash: any programmer should know how to fix that (and Google is your friend).
Thanks.


(( "dyld: Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib": c'est pourtant clair comme plantage, non ? Allez, au boulot maintenant ! Google est ton ami. Merci, et bien le bonsoir. ))
11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
#44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreGoriot View Post
We are NOT speaking about "Babel Risingn Cataclysm", but about "Babel Rising" (this one: https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/babel-rising/id342426321?mt=8 ).
It is sold as "iOS3 compatible". It worked fine with iOS3 before the latest update (v1.7.3).
You destroyed the game. Your code has bugs.
Now you must fix it. I wrote the exact crash: any programmer should know how to fix that (and Google is your friend).
Thanks.


(( "dyld: Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib": c'est pourtant clair comme plantage, non ? Allez, au boulot maintenant ! Google est ton ami. Merci, et bien le bonsoir. ))

Hi!

You're right, we're talking about the first episode, sorry.
The App Store text has been modified.

We should also have identified the problem thanks to your feedback. The issue apparently comes from a tool implemented in the game that required an extra action due to some recent changes on the development tools provided by Apple. A kind of unpredictable conflict seems to happen in the latest Babel Rising update when building the game for the oldest devices under iOS 3 version.

Sorry for that. It's about some usually considered "technical boring things" by players. Explanation : with time, Apple pushes developers (and as a consequence users also) to adopt recent iOS versions. So as time goes by, Apple development tools do not allow developers to create compatible games with the oldest iOS versions anymore. Now, iOS 3 isn't normally supported anymore.
Troubles may also occur with various other middleware tools implied in the development process.

We gave the information to the development team in charge of the project to see how it can be fixed.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope it will be fixed soon.

PS : N'hsitez pas nous envoyer un e-mail support@bulkypix.com si vous rencontrez d'autres problmes ou me contacter par message priv, si besoin.

BULKYPIX TEAM
Publisher and developer
11-15-2012, 12:21 PM
#45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo78140 View Post
PS : N'hsitez pas nous envoyer un e-mail support@bulkypix.com si vous rencontrez d'autres problmes ou me contacter par message priv, si besoin.
I already contacted Bulkypix support many times, and they never answer, or they don't fix the issues.
Example: "A Moon For The Sky [Bulkypix] (v2.2 os3)" crashes for weeks now with iOS313. Crash is "dyld: Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib"...
Thanks.
11-15-2012, 12:31 PM
#46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo78140 View Post
PS : N'hsitez pas nous envoyer un e-mail support@bulkypix.com si vous rencontrez d'autres problmes ou me contacter par message priv, si besoin.
Add also "RPM Gymkhana Racing" to the list, crashing under iOS313 for nearly 12 monthes now...

PS: and "Catch the Candy (v1.5)" crashing under iOS313 since august... And many other Bulkypix games I forgot... And many Bulkypix games "not-fixed-but-shut-up" (example: "The Sandbox" has been crashing under iOS313 for weeks; support refused to fix it; they pushed it to iOS43; and now-shut-up-you-angry-client !).

PPS: I'll stop here, that's too long.

Last edited by PreGoriot; 11-15-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: PS added
11-16-2012, 11:34 AM
#47
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreGoriot View Post
I already contacted Bulkypix support many times, and they never answer, or they don't fix the issues.
Example: "A Moon For The Sky [Bulkypix] (v2.2 os3)" crashes for weeks now with iOS313. Crash is "dyld: Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib"...
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreGoriot View Post
Add also "RPM Gymkhana Racing" to the list, crashing under iOS313 for nearly 12 monthes now...

PS: and "Catch the Candy (v1.5)" crashing under iOS313 since august... And many other Bulkypix games I forgot... And many Bulkypix games "not-fixed-but-shut-up" (example: "The Sandbox" has been crashing under iOS313 for weeks; support refused to fix it; they pushed it to iOS43; and now-shut-up-you-angry-client !).

PPS: I'll stop here, that's too long.
Hi!

When did you contact our support team? We're sorry if you didn't get satisfaction. Once again, we can talk about this by private messages if you want to.

For your troubles with our games on iOS 3, we're sorry but as said in the previous post, with time, these kind of issues are unfortunately almost inevitable.

Hardware and software technologies are always evolving as you know and keeping everything compatible with 4 to 5 years old iOS and devices is very difficult for every developers.

You may encounter the same issues trying to play the latest AAA PC games with an old CPU/GPU and outdated drivers... And of course, it's harsh, nobody likes it.

Thanks again for your feedback. We'll tell to our different development teams and partners to take a look to the games you've mentioned, hoping something can be fix.

BULKYPIX TEAM
Publisher and developer
11-16-2012, 03:14 PM
#48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo78140 View Post
For your troubles with our games on iOS 3, we're sorry but as said in the previous post, with time, these kind of issues are unfortunately almost inevitable.
There's a brand new concept named "TESTING"... It's a revolution ! Do you know it ?
You program something, and you test it before selling it. Yes, that seems incredible. Testing an "iOS3 compatible" software with an iOS3 iDevice before selling it. Incredible.
Someone should patent this great idea !
If it really works with iOS3, then sell it as "iOS3 compatible". It if doesn't work, then fix it (or sell it as "iOS6 compatible").
Crazy concept, for sure.
11-17-2012, 06:11 PM
#49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreGoriot View Post
There's a brand new concept named "TESTING"... It's a revolution ! Do you know it ?
You program something, and you test it before selling it. Yes, that seems incredible. Testing an "iOS3 compatible" software with an iOS3 iDevice before selling it. Incredible.
Someone should patent this great idea !
If it really works with iOS3, then sell it as "iOS3 compatible". It if doesn't work, then fix it (or sell it as "iOS6 compatible").
Crazy concept, for sure.
Best post I have read here in the past 6 months
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM
#50
Weeks/monthes later, Bulkypix fixed... nothing. Not even one of their crashing games has been fixed.
Bulkypix shows its great support, and its clients' respect.