★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Car Jack Streets - feature poll

View Poll Results: What feature would you most like to see in Car Jack Streets?
Day and Night lighting effects 84 35.74%
Global highscores 11 4.68%
Sumo suits 6 2.55%
Godzilla 42 17.87%
Achievements 92 39.15%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll
01-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Car Jack Streets - feature poll

Hi Everyone,

Since we decided to push Car Jack back a month to ensure it really meets everyones expectations we've been thinking about a few additional features to add to the game. As usual we don't have time to add them all so we thought it would be fun to let YOU the Toucharcade forum users decide!

Listed above are 5 options to choose from so take your pick...

In addition if you have a really excellent idea for a mission/weapon/power-up/vehicle etc then PM me with you idea before the end of the weekend. If they are good enough we'll pick the three best ones, include them in the game and give you a free promo code! Winners will of course be announced on here for extra bragging rights ;-)

Have fun!

Paul

Latest: Funpark Friends
Coming soon: Car Jack Streets 2
Follow us and all our latest news on Twitter
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Seems like you should try to incorporate two of the above features:

1. Achievements: progress is good for the ego

2. Day and Night effects: this cosmetic touch really separates the game from the masses wrt polish.

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 01-15-2009 at 03:15 PM.

01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Cool any price plans? Sorry to say but payback is priced pretty good so it's tempting but car jack looks my sorta thing

Last edited by salsamd; 01-15-2009 at 03:03 PM.
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Poll up now - took a few minutes to figure out!

Vote away... and yes if you have thoughts about price point would be good to hear your thoughts too.

Cheers
Paul

01-15-2009, 03:01 PM
this game looks awesome

I am General Zod. Your ruler. Yes, today begins a new order. Your lands, your possessions, your very lives, will gladly be given in tribute to me, General Zod! In return for your obedience you will enjoy my generous protection and you will be allowed to live.
01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I think achievements add a lot to the replayability of a game.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
I have all the gumballs!
01-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanp View Post
I think achievements add a lot to the replayability of a game.
I agree with this, definately

I would also suggest staying well away from Godzilla, sump suits, monsters, anything like this. I think you want it to be a cool "mature" game IMO
01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I love night and day effects really adds to the whole environment of a game... I have an idea for a weapon if you haven't already... RPG? I love em and I think it needs to have that in there if not already. Also you have to include an
ice cream truck mission of some sort...

Gamecenter:1337brian
01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Day and night lighting effects would be cool, but achievements give me more to do.
01-15-2009, 03:09 PM
I should point out that there shouldn't be any issues with replayability as the game is designed to last MONTHS! The idea is that you play for 20 mins or so a day and the game time is the same as real time, so when it says you have to make $50,000 that week it really means that actual week.

(If you want to sit and play for hours thats cool - you can - but the best way to play is a little at a time.)

There are two sets of mission types -

"Always available" - there are 15 of these and you can do them as much as you like. Deliver pizzas, drive taxis, steal cars etc They don't pay much but hey, thats life!

"Daily missions" - the game has an almost infinite number of missions available that are generated from over 60 mission templates. 5 or 6 of these daily missions are available each day and these are the real meaty ones like robbing banks etc

Hope that wets your appetite for the game and provides some context for your ideas!

Thanks
Paul