★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chop Sushi - 3 Match With Battle Mode [Now FREE]

01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Chop Sushi - 3 Match With Battle Mode [Now FREE]

Chop Sushi was released.

It's yet another 3 match game but it has an unique gameplay as you can see in the video below (J2ME version).

What it is interesting is that the game features battle mode.

So in this approach we have a new matching mechanism along with a welcome battle mode.

Once it is available I'll purchase it but it'd be nice to hear about the game from someone that can purchase it right now.

Price: $2.99

First impression:

It's now available at US Store.

- Great graphics, sounds and OK music
- Options to set sounds and music volumes
- Unique gameplay: tap to select a sushi then swap with your finger anywhere on the screen to set the direction (top to bottom or vice-versa, left to right or vice-versa); the sushi will be placed in the same row or column as seen in the video (see initial post) so you can't place the sushi anywhere you want
- Adventure mode will explain details about the gameplay (start here then!)
- It seems that once you start any of the 3 game modes you also start to build a Profile (level, health, power, experience, recipes etc.); New Game here seems to mean new profile too, so even if you just played a Quick Battle and won the game will ask you if you want to continue next time you'd want to play.
- Reasonable loading time
- In the beginning at least battles are not too deep: green sushi to kill opponent health; orange one to get experience; however, later it seems to be more like recipes... Well, time will tell.

Tho I didn't play it that much I'm enjoying it so far.

Youtube link | Pop Up

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by salsamd; 01-21-2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: updated link
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Actually looks like it could be fun. I like the new twist on how it's played. We'll see what happens when it gets to the US store.

01-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Not in UK either FYI.
01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4ntom4 View Post
Not in UK either FYI.
Strange... Maybe the developer needed to make a fix or something because the game is displayed in AppShopper but not available in US or UK.

01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Sorry to say so.
But it looks just like a porting game from mobile phone to iPhone.
Nothing special.
Anyways its graphics make me want to chop sushis for sure!
01-21-2009, 10:57 PM
It's now available at US Store.

- Great graphics, sounds and OK music
- Options to set sounds and music volumes
- Unique gameplay: tap to select a sushi then swap with your finger anywhere on the screen to set the direction (top to bottom or vice-versa, left to right or vice-versa); the sushi will be placed in the same row or column as seen in the video (see initial post) so you can't place the sushi anywhere you want
- Adventure mode will explain details about the gameplay (start here then!)
- It seems that once you start any of the 3 game modes you also start to build a Profile (level, health, power, experience, recipes etc.); New Game here seems to mean new profile too, so even if you just played a Quick Battle and won the game will ask you if you want to continue next time you'd want to play.
- Reasonable loading time
- In the beginning at least battles are not too deep: green sushi to kill opponent health; orange one to get experience; however, later it seems to be more like recipes... Well, time will tell.

Tho I didn't play it that much I'm enjoying it so far.

01-21-2009, 11:15 PM
I've seen some info on this before and I was interested, but I have way too many puzzles games that I haven't even put any time into, so I won't be trying this out for a while.
01-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushMyNoseOff View Post
I've seen some info on this before and I was interested, but I have way too many puzzles games that I haven't even put any time into, so I won't be trying this out for a while.
I know exactly what you mean.

01-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Saw this earlier in the week and it looked very interesting. So many match-3 games though and each one I keep around has something specific I like about it. This one seems to have numerous things I like about it.

If this keeps up, I'll eventually be able to devote a entire page to match-3 games. >.<

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-27-2009, 12:12 PM
This game is really fun and it has a great art style. If you're a fan of puzzle games, pick this up. It's very polished and well worth the $3.