★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Warner Bros.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 62.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Worlds Greatest Detective embarks on his toughest adventure yet in Sherlock Holmes Mysteries for the iPhone, iPod touch.

Once inside the shoes of the Worlds Greatest Detective, you must use Sherlocks keen wit and persuasive charm to prove a man innocent of murder, without revealing your sources. The investigation will take you into the seedy, gritty side of Victorian London, overflowing with deceit and disregard for basic codes of decent behavior as you traverse the deadly back alleys. Scour the environments Uncover the Clues Reveal the truth in The Case of the Innocent Man.Features:- Authentic Sherlock Experience Alongside Dr. Watson, uncover clues, interrogate suspects, solve the case!- Stunning Visuals The gritty, seedy side of 1890s London exposed with exceptional art-style, and breathtaking graphics- 11 Immersive Environments 3-D environments bring the genuine Sherlock Holmes atmosphere to life- Compelling Mini-Games: Gain crucial information through insightful mini-games- Insights - Find Hidden Clues using Sherlocks keen Insight, and put them together in Sherlocks Mind to unravel the mystery. - Puzzle Boxing When Sherlock fights it is a game of wit and mental acuity, finding and exploiting his opponents weaknesses to neutralize the threat.- Lock Picking Find the perfect path through a locks inner workings to lift each of the tumblers, and gain access to the secrets within.- Foot Chase Wind your way through Londons streets in pursuit of justice. Outmaneuver those you pursue and emerge victorious!
12-20-2009, 10:30 PM
the full version only has one screen which doesn't even really count as one but the lite version has 5 screens. strange.

12-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I just tried some of the lite version, not bad. I bought the full $.99 and Warner Bros. gotta be good enough for a buck.
12-20-2009, 11:00 PM
looks good!!... ill wait for reviews
12-20-2009, 11:20 PM
The game is afoot... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sherlock-holmes-the-game-is-afoot/id331809028?mt=8?

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
I have the one by mobile games and it's pretty good. Wonder if this one is the same or better.
12-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Tried the lite. It actually feels pretty substantial for a .99 movie tie-in. I'll post impressions on the full game later today.
12-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Interesting how the full game (43.8mb) is almost half the size of the lite version (75.7mb).

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
12-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Interesting how the full game (43.8mb) is almost half the size of the lite version (75.7mb).
I think the light comes with a full trailer for the film. Video=many MBs.
12-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I think the light comes with a full trailer for the film. Video=many MBs.
Just checked. The full version does indeed skip the trailer and opens up much more like a real game rather than a promo. I find that choice very encouraging.

Sorry about the double post. I intended to edit the one above.