★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Zattikka
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.9 MB
  • Version: 1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Now on iPhone and iPod Touch, the critically acclaimed Phantom Mansion - Episode 2: The Orange Library

Dare you enter the Phantom Mansion?

Control Hector the Spectre Detector through the second chamber of the Mansion, this time featuring teleports, that zip Hector from area to area in the blink of an eye.

Hector must make his way through 23 levels filled with devilish puzzles using crates, switches and keys to retrieve all the skulls from the chamber, but he must also avoid collapsing floors, zombies, skeletons and the dreaded void.

The Orange Library is the second episode of the Phantom Mansion: Spectrum if Souls series, watch out for more parts to come!

What people said about the first Episode;

"I can't keep my thumb off of Phantom Mansion: The Red Chamber... I don't know why I can't stop playing the thing... with the smart, simple puzzling, I found myself totally charmed", Joystiq.com

Follow Gimme5games at twitter.com/gimme5games

goiMot's comments:

lite version
12-21-2009, 10:00 AM
This was what everyone was afraid would happen! Each chapter being released at 2 bucks will get really expensive.

12-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
This was what everyone was afraid would happen! Each chapter being released at 2 bucks will get really expensive.

not if we dont buy them

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by soup View Post
not if we dont buy them
Correct. I am sticking to the online versions for now. Maybe they will be able to release them in one pack or something someday.
12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Well every chapter for 2 bucks would also mean poor sales. Not to mention the amount of icon space the whole series would take up.
12-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
these are still very good games, though, im thinking of buying them just to support the dev..

12-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
these are still very good games, though, im thinking of buying them just to support the dev..
Not saying they are not good games, just saying 2 dollars per chapter is high. Could have even included 3 chapters in one app, etc. Many similar games that have been ported have more content for less price. And I am never one to whine about cost so its not just a silly - make it 99 cents post.

I can't afford to just be charitable in my support of devs. Better way to have gone perhaps is the first chapter for sale at whatever price with the rest unlocked with DLC. I am hoping they will bundle them all into one app someday and then will be happy to support their efforts.

You add up all the chapters it will be higher than a premium app.
12-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I support devs only if they being reasonable. The games are good, but I have played these early chapters already. I might buy the later ones. I would prefer if they made it all in one package even if it will cost 7.99 or 9.99 (which was what Bobby Carrot costs initially). The way they are doing now is just too expensive and too many icons taking up space in the end.
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
$2 an episode, 22-23 short levels in each episode, some of them taking only a minute or less to complete. So they plan on releaseing 8 episodes total, so its $16 for all the episodes. My complaint is that the episodes are way too short.
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
So was the first chapter any good?

Also, does each chapter take up a new icon space or is the dlc just put into the initial download? If each chapter takes up a new icon space, I won't bother with this.