★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Great article on how to hire an App developer

12-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Great article on how to hire an App developer

I came across this article on hiring an app developer and thought I'd post it here. Of particular interest to us were the going rates listed. Thoughts?

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...-the-process-1

Thanks!
12-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlady View Post
I came across this article on hiring an app developer and thought I'd post it here. Of particular interest to us were the going rates listed. Thoughts?

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...-the-process-1

Thanks!
it is a bit US centric; but definitely some points there - maybe some of the younger guys with dreams should read the lines about it costing $20K to $100K to develop and application

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
12-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Hmm when I press "Click here to find out how to hire a great devloper" it goes back to the same thing pops up
12-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile1up View Post
it is a bit US centric; but definitely some points there - maybe some of the younger guys with dreams should read the lines about it costing $20K to $100K to develop and application
Yeah i see tons of people bidding on projects from India and Russia for like an 10-20$ an hour.

Which is insane by US standards.

I do see people from the use bidding on projects for 15-30$ though.

I can't imagine people running a serious company on that money in the US though.

Actually full time Iphone / mobile dev job adds tend to be running 100-150K a year range easily.
12-22-2009, 09:37 AM
It's a very application focused article… I would say the games market is different in a few of those areas.

I very much enjoyed the article, How To Know You've Hired A Killer Team, though.
12-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I couldn't imagine how it feels to put that kind of cash into an app and then have it sell 20 copies. The app store just seems so unpredictable sometimes!