★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: AggroPanda
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The Unique Puzzle Game
Love Puzzle Games? You'll Love Squism!

User Reviews:

"ingenious gameplay"
"an unique twist on the usual color match format"
"highly addictive"
"a very polished game"
"all in all a good pick up and play puzzle game"
"my favorite game"

Squism is an new addictive puzzle game for the iPhone & iPod Touch. It's a fun color matching game, with a Twist! Don't just click single colors, mix and match them by using your finger to draw paths & collect colors. The more colors you collect, the higher the score you get.

Enjoy four entrancing game modes:
- Action
- Classic
- Time Attack
- Endless

Fully optimized for the touch screen and accelerometer (turn your device change the way the game plays).

Submit your scores to local device leaders boards or go online and compare your scores with other squism players (via OpenFeint).

OpenFeint also gives you the ability to post your scores directly to Facebook and Twitter.

Features Included:
- Easy to use interface making it game anyone can play
- Colorblind Mode
- Pause and resume the game at any point
- Continue from where you left the game on exit or phone call
- Use special ice blocks to freeze the time (Action Only)
- Local leader boards allow you to compare your scores against your friends
- Online leader boards (via OpenFeint) allows you to compare your scores against other players around the world

Like any of those games?
Bejeweled 2
Trism
LineUp
... then we'll know you'll love Squism

Enjoy Playing Squism!

Any problems or suggestions, please contact us at sayhi@aggropanda.com - we'd love to hear your feedback.

Visit www.aggropanda.com/squism.html for more information.

Carlos-Sz's comments:
First impressions:

It is a very polished game with a well balanced production that includes music, subtle sounds, voices (male or female), OpenFeint and it can properly resume.

The game concept reminds me Collapse but in this case you have to eliminate at least one of the two colors displayed in the bottom right of the board (see first screenshot below). This approach requires more concentration rather than eventually random tapping.

Game modes increase the replay value along with its mentioned online integration.

All in all a good pick up and play puzzle game.

It only needs (and here is my request) and option to disable vibration that I always find annoying no matter what game I play.

Finally, although I turned off my iPhone screen the game didnt pause automatically. I think thats the first time I saw this behavior because usually if I turn off the screen the game does not run at all.

Size: 13.4 MB

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-21-2009, 07:23 PM
good puzzle game , its so addictive and original

12-21-2009, 07:34 PM
First impressions:

It is a very polished game with a well balanced production that includes music, subtle sounds, voices (male or female), OpenFeint and it can properly resume.

The game concept reminds me Collapse but in this case you have to eliminate at least one of the two colors displayed in the bottom right of the board (see first screenshot below). This approach requires more concentration rather than eventually random tapping.

Game modes increase the replay value along with its mentioned online integration.

It only needs (and here is my request) an option to disable vibration that I always find annoying no matter what game I play.

Finally, although I turned off my iPhone screen the game didn’t pause automatically. I think that’s the first time I saw this behavior because usually if I turn off the screen the game does not run at all.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Thank you for your reviews and comments.

I will definitely take them onboard for the next version.

I have already added a setting to disable vibration, because I thought because might want to save some battery live too

The new version won't be out until after Christmas now though because the iTunes Connect closes between 23rd and 29th of Dec.

Also, the latest version has been reduced in size to just over 6mb, so you will be able to download it over 3G

Thanks Again,

AggroPanda
12-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
First impressions:

It only needs (and here is my request) an option to disable vibration that I always find annoying no matter what game I play.

Finally, although I turned off my iPhone screen the game didnt pause automatically. I think thats the first time I saw this behavior because usually if I turn off the screen the game does not run at all.
Right with you there Mr. CSZ. A pretty much self explanatory game with the exception of the "Orb Capture" thingy.

Basically if you didn't read the instructions you'd notice after making a big move (clearing 7+ pieces) the little green orbs down by the next piece will start twinkling and you'll hear a constant beeping for the next 15 seconds of gameplay. What is going on is that all moves now made while the beeps are going are being counted toward your orb earning potential with bigger point earning you more of them (you can never have more than 3 at a time). No clue on the breakdown of how many points will earn you what but just a heads up that during those 15 seconds you'll want to hustle as much as possible as these orbs are key to shuffling the screen when there are no moves available and some "Focus Mode" you can voluntarily enter for extra points (can't recall the details on this at the moment).

So There!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Right with you there Mr. CSZ. A pretty much self explanatory game with the exception of the "Orb Capture" thingy.

Basically if you didn't read the instructions you'd notice after making a big move (clearing 7+ pieces) the little green orbs down by the next piece will start twinkling and you'll hear a constant beeping for the next 15 seconds of gameplay. What is going on is that all moves now made while the beeps are going are being counted toward your orb earning potential with bigger point earning you more of them (you can never have more than 3 at a time). No clue on the breakdown of how many points will earn you what but just a heads up that during those 15 seconds you'll want to hustle as much as possible as these orbs are key to shuffling the screen when there are no moves available and some "Focus Mode" you can voluntarily enter for extra points (can't recall the details on this at the moment).

So There!
Yea, I think that just about covers it

Cheers,

AggroPanda
12-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggroPanda View Post
Yea, I think that just about covers it

Cheers,

AggroPanda
Actually, AP, I'll bet you can better sum up both the "Orb Capture" and "Focus" modes even better!

C'mon, tell the viewers at home about these two aspects that definitely are unique to your game.

My iTunes Reviews
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Actually, AP, I'll bet you can better sum up both the "Orb Capture" and "Focus" modes even better!

C'mon, tell the viewers at home about these two aspects that definitely are unique to your game.
Do you know how to do that screen shot thing Carlos did?

If so, I'll upload the tutorial screenshots that explain about Orb and Focus mode, plus a little bit extra about what goes on behind the scenes

Cheers
12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggroPanda View Post
Do you know how to do that screen shot thing Carlos did?

If so, I'll upload the tutorial screenshots that explain about Orb and Focus mode, plus a little bit extra about what goes on behind the scenes

Cheers
Carlos just used the [appinfo=all] function so it only works if those are the images already there in iTunes.

My iTunes Reviews
12-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Carlos just used the [appinfo=all] function so it only works if those are the images already there in iTunes.
I see, well I will upload them normally and add some comments

Cheers