★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TheSOSGame (a simple board game)

12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
TheSOSGame

Hi All

I just released my game TheSOSGame and would love for you to try it out. It is my first app and just something simple so I can learn how it all works.

Description

TheSOSGame is a simple board game in the vane of Tic Tac Toe (Noughts and Crosses) but has a more complicated board (7x7). Your goal is to try and claim the most SOS sequences. Each player can create either an S or an O. If you are able to stroke an SOS sequence you get point and another turn.

This is a very simple game that is fun and can be challenging.

- 3 AI levels (easy, medium and Hard)
- 1 Single device Player vs Player mode

Pricing

Free (with ads)

Screenshot

More Details

www.clockworkapps.com/thesosgame.html

ITunes Link

TheSOSGame

Last edited by Clockworkapps; 01-12-2010 at 02:39 AM.
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
1.1 update

Hi

I made a little change to the interface to make the rotating the S and O a little more intuitive.

Currently in the top 70th for Free Board games in Canada and weirdly 5th most popular free board game in Turkey!!!

Evolution Prize [AppStore]
SEI: Search for Earthly Intelligence [TA Thread]

01-09-2010, 01:15 AM
For some reason we have hit it big in Turkey

Currently

Most popular Free Family Game
2nd most popular Free Board Game
7th most popular Free Game
13th most popular Free App

(all in Turkey... little bit of love in Canada as well)

01-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Update 1.2

Version 1.2 has a completely reworked the User Interface so it is easier to play.

Give it a go ... you might like it!!!

Think naughts and cross (tic tac toe) but more challenging!!!!

In Turkey We are currently 1st Free Family, 2nd Free Board, 3rd Free Game and 4th Free App.

01-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Any chance of posting a paid version without ads? I'd gladly pay 0.99 (and possibly more) for what looks like a fun pick-up-and-play game, but find ads very off-putting.
01-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciuridae View Post
Any chance of posting a paid version without ads? I'd gladly pay 0.99 (and possibly more) for what looks like a fun pick-up-and-play game, but find ads very off-putting.
That was the plan. Then I got all worked up over the in app purchasing (i.e. pay in app to remove the ads ... one off payment of 99c to turn it off forever)... then it got too hard...(was worried about retaining the inapp payment records after upgrades etc) 8->

So I guess I should just join the crowd and have a paid ad-free version....

Just too be clear it would be exactly the same but without the ads (not a lite / premium mix... more an free with ads vs paid with no ads)... both with same functionality.

Might do it tomorrow... will let you know!!

01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciuridae View Post
Hi

sorry it took so long but I got the paid version out. Exactly the same but without the ads (for tier 1... 99 USc)

itunes link

I will keep the games synced so they have identical functionality but no ads in the paid version of course.

have fun

01-27-2010, 05:30 PM
I picked the paid version as soon as I saw it on the paid app list last night.

It's a neat little game. Very basic, but that's where its charm lies - there's just enough uncertainty and turn-by-turn guessing and planning to make it a delightful way to pass the time when waiting in line.

I'm happy with the purchase, and urge others to give it a try.