★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Agents of Interpol

09-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Agents of Interpol

Has anyone tried this game yet? Agents of Interpol.

It's basically a Where's Waldo game, but with really great artwork and a plot.

You have to find a bunch of "objects" on the screen in different locations within a certain amount of time. Clicking around might work, but it lowers your time, and some of the objects can be very small and they blend in with the background.

It's actually quite fun! Despite the long loading times...
10-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I jsut saw this on the app store last night. It actually looks kinda fun. From the description, it sounded more like a "Carmen Sandiego" type game, so I am glad you clarified for me. Also I hear that it crashes at a certain point based on the current reviews.

10-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
It does tend to crash, but I think with an update by the Developers they can fix the issue. I enjoy it
11-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Seems like people still getting the royal screw treament for their $7 they paid for this bad boy.
11-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Save your money!

Just get hidden everest it's only $2.00 compared to this game, and I know for a fact it has no bugs for half the price. Plus it's a great game.
11-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Everest is awesome, hope they come out with a sequel or a 2 player version like they did for the ds.
11-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
It does tend to crash, but I think with an update by the Developers they can fix the issue. I enjoy it
It was released in September and has never been updated (see the App Shopper listing). It has 1-1/2 stars on the US store, most reviews complain about the crashing, some mention they haven't been able to contact the developer. You'd have to be crazy to buy it hoping for an update. There's no way in hell I'd spend a dime on a game with a profile like that.
11-24-2008, 02:21 AM
What's amazing is that people are still buying despite the poor reviews. I was one of the suckers who bought this when it first came out - despite many attempts, the developer completely ignores any communication.

As a lark, I sent an email to Steve Jobs a few weeks ago, asking him if we had any recourse against a developer who abandons an app in the app store or if we were out of luck. The response I received was: "Yep, I'm afraid you are. We'll try to look into it."

Since then, nothing has happened, so I assume we are out of luck - of course it could be that the developer is ignoring communication from Apple as well. I wonder what it takes to squeeze a fix from the developer or to have a buggy app pulled from the store.

Last edited by joehunt; 11-24-2008 at 02:35 AM.
09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Price drop $1.99-.99.
Been awhile since the crashing issues. I've read the reviews saying the update 1.001b has fixed this. Anyone here played and can confirm this?
Picking it up, looks not too bad of a hidden objects game despite whats been said in previous reviews. So I can see why no love for the game.
Giving it a go anyways....
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Gosh, I deleted this game a long time ago. I was halfway through the whole game when it kept crashing and acting buggy during one of the airport scenes. Very frustrating when reopening the app, it took me back to the beginning. Tried it all again, but came to the same bug in the same scene and figured it was not worth starting over for the third time.

Does anyone know when this new update 1.001b became live?

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby