Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Man! Every time I read the topic title I think the game is out...

Can a moderator please change the topic title?
Haha sorry about that..

@jakooistra
Are you thinking or working on an update for BlueDefense!?

To complete all of campaign mode it will take like 15-30mins or are you saying 15-30mins for a map/area? Also are there modes such as a BossRush or just free-roam? And finally will you be adding more levels to the game prior release? Once the game is released do you have downloadable levels or updates that will add more levels?

This game looks promising, good luck on sales!: )

Last edited by TheOZ; 01-19-2009 at 12:54 AM..
Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 AM

Man this is going to be mad addictive and pure crazyness. How about a initial 3 day 99c sale to get the ball rolling on reviews and stuff? Worked well for many.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanny View Post
Man this is going to be mad addictive and pure crazyness. How about a initial 3 day 99c sale to get the ball rolling on reviews and stuff? Worked well for many.
Or possibly make Blue Defense! free for a few days when you release this. Either way this is looking good.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 AM

It's going to be $1.99... $0.99 initial releases usually have a lot of other PR going for them. I'm still new to this though, so all of your suggestions are being noted.

@TheOZ
Yes, I am currently working on an update for Blue Defense! I'm basically addressing any major and minor issues people ever had with the game - hopefully it'll push it to 5/5 for anyone who was 4/5 or below! I'll also release a free version of Blue Defense without most of the new features - so it'll basically be Blue Defense "classic" for free, and the revamped version will be still a dollar.

The time estimate I gave you was for a single play-through of the campaign mode, with about 6 levels in each play through. There are 3 major paths through the campaign progression (easy, medium, hard), kind of like Star Fox. If you want to hit up all the levels, you'll easily be playing for an hour or so, and if you're having trouble getting in to the harder levels (there are conditions you have to meet), you'll have to spend more time than that practicing and getting better at both basic play style and optimal upgrading.

Personally, I can go through all the campaign levels in under half an hour, but that's because I'm the developer, and I have months of play testing practice under my belt.

Individual maps in campaign mode will be very short, only a couple of minutes each - that gives you upgrade options frequently. Individual maps in Infinite mode start off short, but get longer and longer - so the risk of dieing before being able to upgrade again goes up. It changes the way you might upgrade your ship - do you buy extra lives, some more bombs, or just upgrade your weapons and hope you don't get hit?

And yeah, in theory, you should be able to go on forever in "Infinite" mode.

Also, for now, there are just the two game modes - campaign and infinite. Boss Rush wouldn't be too hard to do, but because of the way upgrades happen (between levels only, otherwise it breaks the flow of the game), having all the bosses in a row would be way easy at the start, and impossible at the end.

And I don't know what you mean by "Free Roam", but the whole game is top-down free-roaming. If you just want to fly around with no stress, you can mess around in the tutorial mode - and again, I strongly recommend the "upgrades" tutorial section.

If I have more levels added to the game, they will probably come as part of an upgrade (1.01, 1.02, etc). I have no plans for community-made levels right now, partly because balancing them for resource consumption and difficulty rating was very hard during development.

Anything else?

What more can I say to you to convince you it's a good game? I've been playing it since I started making it, and I'm not bored yet - I always figured that was the mark of a good game. If the developer doesn't hate it after playing for months, it's got to be a pretty good title.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

You've already convinced me.. i wish it were out now!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

For $1.99 I would not think twice.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm not usually excited by shooters but the style and gameplay of this one to me = instant buy ASAP. Looking forward to it!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Interestingly "Blue Attack!" is already listed by iTunes search box...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Interestingly "Blue Attack!" is already listed by iTunes search box...
Lol, that's better than blue defense - itunes search didn't work until much later in the day after its release. I got reviews faster than I could find my own app!

Maybe the Canadian store was having problems that day or something.

Also, searching for "blue attack" will get you to Blue Defense.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion

I loved Blue Defense! so I'm getting Blue Attack! for sure.

Seriously can't wait for this game