★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The blockbuster hit racing game featured in the App Store's New and Noteworthy, What's Hot, What We're Playing, and Made for iOS 4 categories.

Pilot your racer at breakneck speeds while avoiding oncoming obstacles in this highly addictive retro-styled 3D racing game. Featuring a heartrate accelerating drum & bass soundtrack, rumble effects (iPhone only), Game Center leaderboard & achievements, and high resolution graphics for Retina displays.

Additional game modes are coming soon - your positive reviews of Vector Runner will keep the updates coming faster. Thanks for all the support!
12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Retro Cube Runner?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

12-22-2009, 12:49 AM
It's like... this is 80s Cube Runner, and Cube Runner is 90s... Cube Runner.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-22-2009, 02:26 AM
think this game is a little frustrating
12-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
This is based on a pretty good flash game.
Here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/DigY.../vector-runner
I enjoy that version.
Bought.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
12-22-2009, 10:39 PM
A lot of people will compare Vector Runner to Cube Runner, but as skamando pointed out, Vector Runner was originally a Flash game released in 2007, long before Cube Runner existed.

And although they're both racing/avoider style games, they're pretty different to play. Vector Runner doesn't use tilt controls, it is much faster paced, and has different types of obstacles and powerups.

I'd love to know what you think, and definitely let me know if you have any comments or suggestions for future updates
12-22-2009, 10:56 PM
hi and welcome to TA

...suggestions that I hope aren't already in the game - powerups that you can run into to pick up like temporary shields that let you hit an obstacle and not die, projectile launcher so that when you pick it up it launches a 'bomb' ahead of you that detonates and destroys obstacles within its blast radius, pickups that slow or boost your speed...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to Bluellama1 Send a message via Yahoo to Bluellama1 Send a message via Skype™ to Bluellama1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
hi and welcome to TA

...suggestions that I hope aren't already in the game - powerups that you can run into to pick up like temporary shields that let you hit an obstacle and not die, projectile launcher so that when you pick it up it launches a 'bomb' ahead of you that detonates and destroys obstacles within its blast radius, pickups that slow or boost your speed...?
There is an invincibility powerup in the game. If you were to implement some new features, I would like a classic mode where it is basically the original flash version but portable.

"Send a noob to kill a noob."
TFW Hoenn actually confirmed
12-24-2009, 04:36 AM
I loooooved the flash version. Even my girlfriend was addicted for a very long time. Instant purchase!

EDIT: Yay, everything is in there!!! The fantastic music, the cool sounds. Controls work great! THANKS!!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

Last edited by your personal robot; 12-24-2009 at 04:43 AM.
12-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Cool! I'm glad you guys like it

It's actually an exact port of the Flash version, so this one is as "classic" as it gets. Hopefully if it does well we'll be able to spend some time making some new game modes and features in the updates. Thanks for all the suggestions - keep 'em coming!