★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 3G Studios, Inc.
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 34.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Get Zombeat The most exciting beat matching game with a twist! Crazed zombies trying to eat your brains!

Youve tried the other beat matching games out there, so now its time to play the most original music game to hit the iPhone. Zombeat is not just a beat matching game; its a game of survival. Play as Zeke, the biker turned zombie killer, in a fight for your life trying to punch, shoot, and even chainsaw your way through massive zombie attacks. The only way to survive is by beat matching your way through the horde of zombies and creating a bloody mess along the way. After all, it was Zeke who woke the dead in the first place, and now it is his job to send them back.

Whats better than a music game and flesh eating zombies? Nothing! Zombeat never stops!

Connect to Facebook and compete with your friends for the highest score
Fun graphics and animations
Chainsaws, Machine Guns, Bombs, Zombies!
The download feature allows you to keep adding new songs and specialty packs directly from your iPhone
Continually updated music selected from one of the largest music catalogs in the industry: APM (Associated Production Music)
12-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Anyone tried this?
I saw it on the appstore. I wanna hear some impressions, and I don't think there's a lite.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

12-30-2009, 01:22 AM
It looks funny and that's about it. Not going to hit buy and then be disappointed in the gameplay, I guess.
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I keep fighting with myself on whether to get this or not, so for those who have it a few questions:

1. Is the music good?

2. Is the gameplay accurate (do you miss a beat because it's your fault or does the game suffer from bad timing or lag?)

3. Besides the holiday pack, any other signs of new music.

4. Does the game get challenging?

Thanks in advance!

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
01-02-2010, 11:21 AM
^ anyone? It would be very helpful!

Plus+ ID= Maythius

01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
I keep fighting with myself on whether to get this or not, so for those who have it a few questions:

1. Is the music good?

2. Is the gameplay accurate (do you miss a beat because it's your fault or does the game suffer from bad timing or lag?)

3. Besides the holiday pack, any other signs of new music.

4. Does the game get challenging?

Thanks in advance!
I arrive with answers!

1. The music is actually pretty cool. There's everthing from pretty sick rock tracks (no singing, just some awesome insturmental kinda stuff) to jazz to a song about a business letter about a zombie attack (RE: Your Brains by Johnathan Coulton. Look it up). Pretty crazy stuff. Havnt looked at the dlc yet but I might check it out.

2. It's actually really smooth and accurate. All missed notes are my fault, not the game's.

3. It looks like they'll have more dlc sometime, since there's a big empty list of packs. You get 6 songs for a buck, so it's a pretty good deal.

4. It's pretty challenging, but if you're good at music games, it's not going to be easy to die. The health system makes it pretty hard to die. You can usually get a new gun or bomb if you're about to get devoured by the undead. The challenge is getting a high score, which is going to be pretty hard if you're on the hard difficulty.

Overall, I'm really liking this game. It's a great addition to the music games we already have. For 3 bucks it's a pretty good buy. If you like music games I'd say pick it up. Also, this is one of the only music games in landscape mode, making it much more comfortable to play with two thumbs like it was made to be played. Wish more games would do this.
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
^ Hey thanks a lot! I'm going to purchase it!

Plus+ ID= Maythius