★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Entergage, LLC.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Based on the Inglourious Basterds movie, directed by Quentin Tarantino. This game lets you enjoy "squishing" Nazi's like ants as they run around on your screen.

Some are fast and harder to squish, like the motorcycles, some are strong like the Panzer tanks and require multiple "squishings"... but all are fun to tap, squish, and stamp out as you release your inner "Basterd" and create havoc for Hitler and the Reich trying to invade your phone!

Enjoy three Nazi-destroying game modes as you smash your way through this fast paced, easy to play, addictive game.

*Arcade Mode - Be prepared to enter into a frantic, frenzy, of finger smashing fun as you crush, smash, dash, and squish the Nazis and make Hitler say "Nein, Nein, Nein, Nein, Nein, Nein"!

*Challenge Mode - This mode is for the sharpshooters out there with exquisite timing.

*Zen Mode - Sit back, relax and make the Nazi's squirm under your heavy hand.
12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
wow, is it official? it's using brad pitt as an icon! lol

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

12-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Crazy timing. I just watched this for the first time last night... and now they have an app for that? Get outta my head Entergage!
12-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Okay, seriously? This is the best movie tie-in they could muster? Another bug squisher, but with humans? For a freakin' Tarantino movie? *sigh* Just when I thought movie tie-ins were starting to actually get good for once in their sordid (and sorry) history.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-22-2009, 09:37 AM
At least we always have the unofficial alternative

Anyway, guys, my advice is, just go grab The Saboteur. It's somewhat sloppy in execution but ultimately more than the sum of its parts. Great art style and sandbox gameplay.
12-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Okay, seriously? This is the best movie tie-in they could muster? Another bug squisher, but with humans? For a freakin' Tarantino movie? *sigh* Just when I thought movie tie-ins were starting to actually get good for once in their sordid (and sorry) history.
Agreed. Whatever you think of Avatar, it's a serious stab at a real action/adventure game. And the Sherlock Homes Mysteries game that just came out isn't half bad, though perhaps a bit rushed. But this is pretty much a sad joke.
12-22-2009, 10:23 AM
nazi squishing is definitely something i would enjoy, if i could see a video to make sure the animations are nicely done. don't want some crappy 3 frame animation sequences.
12-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Lol, this looks amusing.
12-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Mindfield: there were so many people involved, we had no chance to make something more epic. neither time, nor budget allowed for anything more complex. we started out with a tower-defense style game, but it became clear pretty qickly that this would never ever be finished and approved by all parties before launch, and even this squish game had to go through so many companies/approvals, taking huge delays etc... thats why its out now, and not for the release of the film.

we would have loved to do something more epic, it just wasnt possible under the given conditions.

araczynski: there is no squishing anim, since you squish them under your finger. they just splat. arcade mode gets crazy after a minute or so.

cheers,
felix (yeah, i did all the coding on this...
12-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_bohmann View Post
Mindfield: there were so many people involved, we had no chance to make something more epic. neither time, nor budget allowed for anything more complex. we started out with a tower-defense style game, but it became clear pretty qickly that this would never ever be finished and approved by all parties before launch, and even this squish game had to go through so many companies/approvals, taking huge delays etc... thats why its out now, and not for the release of the film.

we would have loved to do something more epic, it just wasnt possible under the given conditions.

araczynski: there is no squishing anim, since you squish them under your finger. they just splat. arcade mode gets crazy after a minute or so.

cheers,
felix (yeah, i did all the coding on this...
I think that you can safely assume that any criticism of the handling of this property is not aimed at the game developers, but at the powers that be. You guys had to work with whatever resources and time-frame you were given. The film producers and distributors, however, chose to treat the platform as a bit of a joke. You can understand why many us are not amused.