iPhone: Phoenix Wright is out! [Japanese version only]

12-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Phoenix Wright is out! [Japanese version only]

The Phoenix Wright series has done some fantastic business on DS. The mixture of cheeky humour and slightly maddening detective work struck a rare note with a worldwide audience.

Now it's made the logical transition to iPhone - though only in Japan for now.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=17480

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
12-22-2009, 07:31 AM
iTunes Link???

12-22-2009, 07:34 AM
you have to have wifi to play?

wow........no way. stupid.

id rather a 2 gig download than that. plus it sounds like they are going to milk every penny out of you, with (probably) tiny episodes release regularly. this is now off my list , and i was so excited for it.

looks like i will just have to get a cheap DS down the line if i want to play this game, as this appstore version looks to have massacred the game totally and utterly.
12-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Found the japanese link..

http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id340378081?mt=8

The game is definitely there.

12-22-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm ok with the episodic content but streaming the data just seems weird for a single player game.
12-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar View Post
you have to have wifi to play?

wow........no way. stupid.
I agree with this part. That strikes me as penny-wise, pound foolish. The game fit on a DS cart. It can't be THAT big.

Quote:
id rather a 2 gig download than that. plus it sounds like they are going to milk every penny out of you, with (probably) tiny episodes release regularly. this is now off my list , and i was so excited for it.

looks like i will just have to get a cheap DS down the line if i want to play this game, as this appstore version looks to have massacred the game totally and utterly.
Keep in mind that used Phoenix Wright games do not lose their value. Trying to obtain a used copy can easily run you $30+. In the face of such prices, being nickeled and dimed might not be so bad.
________
Weed bubblers

Last edited by thewiirocks; 02-16-2011 at 11:19 PM.
12-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Wow I was expecting like 5 bucks, but 115yen?
That's a buck!
12-22-2009, 08:43 AM
wow I need to get this right NOW
12-22-2009, 09:10 AM
I hope the streaming thing is fixed for the NA release. Not every country has the amazing internet infrastructure Japan has.
12-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
Keep in mind that used Phoenix Wright games do not lose their value. Trying to obtain a used copy can easily run you $30+. In the face of such prices, being nickeled and dimed might not be so bad.
i want this game, badly, if anything the 0.99 price makes me upset rather than happy as i know for a fact it will be a mutilated version of the game.

i would pay $20-30 for it if it was a fully working, full content, full everything that worked perfectly on ipod.