★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: We want (quality) games!!!

09-30-2008, 10:46 AM
We want (quality) games!!!

Has anyone heard of any games planned that should have great visuals (like kroll) and have a long lasting replayable gameplay with maybe a freeplay mode in there too??? I'd love to see a good adventure game (like kroll but like I said better gameplay) come out for the iPhone/iPod Touch! I'd pay big for a good one!

So anyone heard of any?!?!

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I like Bugdom 2. See my posts in the "Bugdom 2 help" & "dream game" threads. I'm not sure what you mean by "freeplay" but it is a big long game with good 3D graphics- though not without it's shortcomings.

09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmdowning42 View Post
I like Bugdom 2. See my posts in the "Bugdom 2 help" & "dream game" threads. I'm not sure what you mean by "freeplay" but it is a big long game with good 3D graphics- though not without it's shortcomings.
By freeplay I mean a 'level' where there's no challenges no goals nothing you have to do. You just run around and play.
Of course I want a long convincing story lines game to go along with it but I myself have found console games that have freeplay modes to have a way higher replay value!

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
I've said it before, but i really like Reign of Swords. I've been coming back to it more then anything else. It will only appeal to you if you like strategy games, and the graphics are small but nicely detailed.

You have sets of missions in each land that are part of the story, and after you finish them you can play "raids", which are essentially different challenge missions with no connection to the story that allow you to build up your army.

Then you can program your army and place it online to compete against someone else. It may not be direct 1 on 1 combat, but it keeps people from cheating or just quiting if you start to beat them.
09-30-2008, 02:06 PM
though it's not a graphical powerhouse, or incredibly deep for that matter, I downloaded papijump+ last night and it's pretty damn sweet!

I love me a good platformer, and there's enough modes here to mix up the gameplay and keep you playing.

maybe you won't get 30+ hours of deep gameplay, but incorporate this into a drinking game of sorts (as another user here suggested) and you just might! lol
sure it doesn't have big beautiful graphics, but gameplay is more fun than say....
walking to the right, and mashing the attack button

I'm sure this isn't quite what you're looking for, but I thought it was worth a mention. how could you not love that bouncing hamburger fiend?
09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATTLE BORN View Post
though it's not a graphical powerhouse, or incredibly deep for that matter, I downloaded papijump+ last night and it's pretty damn sweet!

I love me a good platformer, and there's enough modes here to mix up the gameplay and keep you playing.

maybe you won't get 30+ hours of deep gameplay, but incorporate this into a drinking game of sorts (as another user here suggested) and you just might! lol
sure it doesn't have big beautiful graphics, but gameplay is more fun than say....
walking to the right, and mashing the attack button

I'm sure this isn't quite what you're looking for, but I thought it was worth a mention. how could you not love that bouncing hamburger fiend?
OMG YES I KNOW!!!!!
I love the Mr Papi games and I didn't even expect itout this soon but as soon as I read about it I bought it! It's great!
Ha

09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Edit: wrong thread.
So many similarly named ones.

Last edited by sirisaacx; 09-30-2008 at 04:08 PM.
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM11 View Post
OMG YES I KNOW!!!!!
I love the Mr Papi games and I didn't even expect itout this soon but as soon as I read about it I bought it! It's great!
Ha
OK people I finally downloaded a Papi game after reading all the really excited reviews here. OMG IT'S ACTUALLY ENTERTAINING LOL!
09-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Vay is a very nice RPG. I don't know how long I played it but it must have been from 10-15 hours. I haven't played it since I beat it but I am sure it has a decent replay value.
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM11 View Post
By freeplay I mean a 'level' where there's no challenges no goals nothing you have to do. You just run around and play.
Of course I want a long convincing story lines game to go along with it but I myself have found console games that have freeplay modes to have a way higher replay value!
Isnt EA gonna have The Sims? That should be good graphics with lots of free play.