★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sports Trivia Game

12-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Sports Trivia Game

hey guys -
I recently wrote and submitted an iPhone sports trivia game called Battle Trivia. I did it as a side project from my day job, and I honestly have no expectations for it, but I'm trying to get the word out to any big sports fans who might have some fun with it.

It's a two-player game that's meant to played back and forth between two friends. The questions are on the harder side, but I tried to stay away from anything too obscure, so hopefully they're pretty interesting. Plus it's got a category based gameboard that I think is much more interesting than just answering questions. So if any of you out there are sports fans and are looking to kill a little downtime with a buddy, I'd recommend at least checking the game out. There are a ton of junky trivia games out on the App Store, but I'm proud of the game I came up with, and hopefully it'll stand out a little from the rest. Thanks for anyone who's read this, and I'm always up for hearing any feedback good or bad!

Charlie

The game's full name is: Battle Trivia - sports quiz matchup $1.99
12-22-2009, 01:30 PM
If there was online multiplayer or a single player with some kind of scoring system then I would pick it up. I understand how hard online multiplayer is the create but could you add a single player maybe?

Playstaion Network: zachattacksox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijib View Post
my guns are so big i cant scratch my nose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skate View Post
Why would you hold firearms while scratching your nose?
12-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Zack -
Thanks for looking into it. I figured the lack of a single player format would be the #1 complaint I'm going to get from people. I don't know how familiar you are with a lot of the trivia apps out there, but there are tons of single player ones. Granted they're mostly crap, some with like 30 questions (Quizicals has flooded the market with their junk) but I wanted to go for the 2 player market.

So I created the game specifically for 2 players, and I think it works well and is a perfect game for a couple of guys playing at a bar, but it doesn't do much for someone when they're buy themself. I'll still trying to come up with the best way to make it single player, but playing against a "computer" wouldn't be any fun either. And to be honest, I don't really get the whole I want to play to post a high score online, because eventually you can just memorize the questions anyway.

So long story short, I wanted to make the best 2-player game possible even at the expense of not having a 1-player version. But I am open to making a 1-player option, I just don't have a good enough way to incorporate it yet, but I'm working on it.

But thanks for the input. If you send me off an email at battletrivia@gmail.com, I'd be happy to give you a promo code if you're interested.
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
If anyone is interested, the Lite version was just approved and is available now too. Here's a link to info on the full version as well:

http://appshopper.com/games/battle-t...s-quiz-matchup