★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Magic Robot is a fun cartoon game where you use your iPhone to play it. Touch and turn left or turn right your iPhone to control the robot jump or move
Game features:
-more than 6 kinds of npc
-more than 4 kinds of special items
-more than 4 mission
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Looks well made.

12-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah this looks good
12-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Game Impressions

Just picked it up. Very stylish, the animation is nice, and the little robot is pretty adorable. Simple tilt to move, touch to jump controls -- both very responsive. First level seems a bit like Run, where you jump to avoid electrified obstacles. From the screens it looks like the gameplay deepens with more platform like elements, but I haven't gotten there yet. Artwork reminds me a bit of Melon Golf.

Length and variety of gameplay will determine if this is a decent game or just an okay diversion. Will report later.
12-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Any further impressions on this game? The art reminds me of a more simplified version of Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee... It would be great if the game had that level of detail. Tried looking for more info on it, but the developers website does not exist! Funny how neat looking games can slip through the cracks so quickly and die off before they get a chance... Of course this developer did not do himself any favors with the brief description and non-existent website!

I suppose I'll just cave in and buy it sometime today, $1.99 is cheap enough

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
12-23-2009, 08:47 AM
One track wonder wants to know if these are randomized or scripted levels?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
One track wonder wants to know if these are randomized or scripted levels?
Bought it... looks pre-scripted to me. The first level was very simplistic gameplay, just tilt the iPhone to the right and hold it there, tapping the screen to jump through hoops and over the occasional zappy-thing on the floor. Needless to say, it was pretty repetitive and did not compel me to play past the first level. Unfortunately I can't really say if it gets any more entertaining or not since I stopped playing

Too bad, it looked like it had potential. The graphics were cute at least!

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
Bought it... looks pre-scripted to me. The first level was very simplistic gameplay, just tilt the iPhone to the right and hold it there, tapping the screen to jump through hoops and over the occasional zappy-thing on the floor. Needless to say, it was pretty repetitive and did not compel me to play past the first level. Unfortunately I can't really say if it gets any more entertaining or not since I stopped playing

Too bad, it looked like it had potential. The graphics were cute at least!
Sadly, I have to agree. There's a tiny bit more complication on the first level, with an obstacle that appears on the floor and requires going back and forth to get the distance right. But once you finish that level, the second one is pretty much more of the same (this time is other robots heading your way), and the third one, though a bit different -- you have to jump from one moving cog to another one -- does not have enough variation to hold my interest. It would have been great if they'd taken all three tasks and build them into a single level, then taken the idea much, much further. Graphically, the game has tons of promise, but I can't recommend it due to the repetitiveness of the gameplay.
12-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Anyone play Magic Robot yet?

Anyone play Magic Robot yet?

Featured in games by Apple so it might take off, but no ratings so far.

Love the art style... downloading now to report back on the actual gameplay.

Tim Moser - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Ultimate Multiplayer Pictionary Game
Get Depict on iTunes
Like Depict on Facebook
12-25-2009, 01:45 PM
I have been tempted to buy it, but I was waiting for someone to say it was good first :P