★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 7th Deadly beats [Namco]

12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
7th Deadly beats [Namco]

I stumbled across this. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

Last edited by sizzlakalonji; 12-22-2009 at 10:28 PM.
12-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
another shit games from namco
they are really crazy
where is Takken Now? they should create big games
The last time they made "big games", they came out pretty badly. You don't want Namco butchering Tekken now do you?

03-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Just in case you're interested...

All right, I'm not sure many will care but the version that was originally released (and is still the current version in the US app store) is basically a down payment or demo of the "full" game. They probably needed to be a bit more clear on that in the app description. What you get for $.99 is basically a short prologue movie that introduces the story and a little music toy. The catch is that if you buy the current version, you get the promised full game as a free update. Well, when browsing through the Japanese app store, I noticed that they had the updated, full version on sale. I went back to the US app store and bought it for a buck, hoping that the update would show up here soon. No such luck. This was about a week ago, and still no US update. Because I was annoyed at waiting for 2 OTHER games out in non-US territories (ANNO and Silent Hunter), I went ahead and bought a Japanese iTunes card and bought those. I still had some credit left over, so decided to buy the full version of 7DB. The short version is that it is REALLY cool. It's a rhythm/flying game with a nice little story and tons of polish. It's a title exclusive to this platform which I like. The point of this long post is to say that if you've got patience (unlike me) and live in the US, it might be a good idea to pick up the demo for a buck and get the free update. If you live in an area that has the full version available (easy to tell...full version over 100mb, demo under 10) then I recommend you get it. It's a lot of fun.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
another shit games from namco
they are really crazy
where is Takken Now? they should create big games

Another shit game?
You really have NO idea - so why don't you just shut up?
You just based everything on guesses and prejudice.

Sizz is right. This game is highly polished and alot of fun to play!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Another shit game?
You really have NO idea - so why don't you just shut up?
You just based everything on guesses and prejudice.

Sizz is right. This game is highly polished and alot of fun to play!
Cool to know that someone else has played this...I can't seem to stop playing it.

03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Cool to know that someone else has played this...I can't seem to stop playing it.

Yeah - I love rythm/music-games like Rockband, Thumpies and so on... and this one is quite unusual but has quite some style!

I only hate it when people giving away opinions based on pejudices and haven't even played the game.
Remember SF4? Those with prejudices were proved wrong.
And I believe that Tekken will be cool, too.

That's because the developers (especially the big companies) are taking the iDevices more and more as a respectable gaming platform. So they are putting more love in their games, too.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-10-2010 at 09:34 AM.
03-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
...The short version is that it is REALLY cool. It's a rhythm/flying game with a nice little story and tons of polish. It's a title exclusive to this platform which I like.
Thank you for the info!! I am actually looking at this one for some time, but it seems the update never is coming so I never bought it. Could you please tell a little more about the full version?

Just bought the demo

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 03-10-2010 at 09:42 AM.
03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Thank you for the info!! I am actually looking at this one for some time, but it seems the update never is coming so I never bought it. Could you please tell a little more about the full version?
The VERY short version is that you swipe the screen to fly your ship into boxes which correspond to music notes. You have to fly a certain distance before the song ends to move on to the boss stage. If you hit all of the boxes in a group, you get a boost which helps you get to the goal more quickly. After each flying stage, you get to a boss stage where you have to tap in rhythm to musical patterns from the song. It's pretty cool. There is a whole virus story to go along with it and the presentation and music are great. There are also a TON of unlockable characters/ships/story lines/etc.

03-10-2010, 09:47 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

This looks like a really good rhythm racer from the video. I may need to check it out.
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
The VERY short version is that you swipe the screen to fly your ship into boxes which correspond to music notes. You have to fly a certain distance before the song ends to move on to the boss stage. If you hit all of the boxes in a group, you get a boost which helps you get to the goal more quickly. After each flying stage, you get to a boss stage where you have to tap in rhythm to musical patterns from the song. It's pretty cool. There is a whole virus story to go along with it and the presentation and music are great. There are also a TON of unlockable characters/ships/story lines/etc.
Thank you for the reply. Sounds a lot of fun. I just went for it and bought the demo or whatever it is for a buck. Now time to sit down and wait for the update. Hope is coming soon...