★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tag Games feature - Car Jack Streets, Astro Ranch and more...

01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Tag Games feature - Car Jack Streets, Astro Ranch and more...

Just thought some of you might be interested in a feature just posted on the Guardian website (UK newspaper)...

Link to news feature

Lots of info on what we are up to including Car Jack and Astro Ranch...

P

Latest: Funpark Friends
Coming soon: Car Jack Streets 2
Follow us and all our latest news on Twitter
01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
It is awesome knowing I have the chance to talk to developers easily on my upcoming expectations and current problems of their games. I find that when a developer is active in these and other forums/websites, their games often stand out from the trash. Developers do create their own future on the app store, and it's absolutely awesome. On another note, I hope I see my idea in Car Jack Streets

01-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Quote:
"For the iPhone which allows file sizes of up to 100mb - the team are looking at converting Car Jack to 3D. They show me an early version of the game and already, the parallax movement of the buildings is even more redolent of DMA's epoch-shattering classic."

Hmm, Payback 225 mB in size...

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
01-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post

are applications composed of a single file, or multiple files within a folder ?

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
are applications composed of a single file, or multiple files within a folder ?
The apps we download are a single file in .ipa format.

I see what your asking though, on their end, it may be multiple files that get compiled into the .ipa format.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
The apps we download are a single file in .ipa format.

I see what your asking though, on their end, it may be multiple files that get compiled into the .ipa format.
whenever i see .ipa i think of india pale ale

om nom nom nom nom

but yeah i'd like to know if it's multiple files or just one

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
01-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
whenever i see .ipa i think of india pale ale

om nom nom nom nom

but yeah i'd like to know if it's multiple files or just one
It is multiple files, the IPA is an archive type of file.

Try opening it in WinRAR, you'll see folders, an artwork file, a playlist file, png files (pictures), wav files (sound), etc.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Interesting read, I guess when I saw the announcement for CJS I was thinking it would be more of a port (keeping the sprite look) since those were the only movies we've seen. Good to know you guys are putting it into the 3D engine (should work great for 1G touches as well the). Gotta say this is still looking to be a day 1 purchase for me.
01-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post

There's bigger apps too - Alternate Endings is 433MB and Soul Trapper is 264MB. I think the limit's 2GB.

As for the article, it's quite interesting reading (the Guardian are normally pretty good on tech & game stories) about the company and the GTA history. It's quite informative about the mobile phone games market before and after the App Store launched.

Astro Ranch sounds like an interesting concept. Hope it becomes a good game. Glad to see you're working on several iPhone/iPod Touch projects.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD