★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gamebook Adventures teaser video - An Assassin in Orlandes

12-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Gamebook Adventures teaser video - An Assassin in Orlandes

After many months of toil we are very excited to be able to show a sneak preview of An Assassin in Orlandes, one of our first Gamebook Adventures releases for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The video should give you some idea of what to expect from our Orlandes fantasy-based gamebooks due to be released in January 2010.

Expect to see a whole range of these hitting the App Store next year as we’re bursting with gamebook content and not only from the fantasy genre!

"Set within Orlandes City, nobles are being systematically murdered by a ruthless assassin no-one seems able to catch. Finding yourself thrust in the middle of a large conspiracy, you must make decisions that may put yourself and one other most precious to you in great danger. Can you locate the Assassin in Orlandes before it is too late?"

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!

Last edited by TheTinMan; 12-23-2009 at 05:59 AM.
12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
oooooooooooooooooo - looks interesting

12-23-2009, 09:36 PM
yeah great video these will be alot of fun....
i also like what u said in the other thread about achievements and the encylodeia that will update as the new books are released
12-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Specs...

@aricall and @tumbleninah - Thanks for your comments!

Assassin will be the first of many upcoming titles over the next few months. It is a newly written story (not just a re-issue of some old books from years ago) and the first of many that we hope to release throughout 2010. We've hired experienced and passionate gamebook writers to work on these, some of whom have written for other popular gamebook series in the past that you would no doubt recognise if you're a fan of the genre.

The gamebooks will average out at around 500 unique sections each with a multitude of options and story arcs. We've even written a program to calculate all the possible combinations of story and in Assassin alone we were running over a million different possible combinations!

We have a fully designed character creation and battle system that are completely new and as you will have seen in the video a realistic dice rolling system that uses real physics. Along with the normal gamebook we will also be including an updated map and world encyclopedia that will grow as more books are released. Along with a bookmarking system to effectively save your progress, a range of achievements to unlock, and a story that twists and turns keeping you guessing, we're hoping that An Assassin in Orlandes will easily keep you occupied for many hours!

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!
12-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Will there be a way to speed up the dice rolling process. It looks cool but it will get tedious after hundred rolls...

Anyway, looks extremely good, can't wait for the whole range of books. Shouldn't the necromancer be out before this one? do you have a date of release to apple ?

Last edited by thevagrant; 12-29-2009 at 10:49 AM.
12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
the first game thats caught my eye for a long time, and since its tinman you can expect quality

are any of the stories written by Joe Denver or J H Brennan? Grail Quest series were quite humurous inorporating quite a bit of mythology. As for the Lone Wolf series, total legendary!

anyways, i'll be supporting this all the way, looks fantastic.

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Ah Grail Quest!!! It still is one of the most incredible gamebook series of all time for me! Puzzles were really good, story was hilarious, quite difficult as well.
12-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Looks great!
01-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Replies to some questions...

@thevagrant

Yes we are looking into skipping the dice rolls if you require a faster action fix.

Assassin will now be released before Necromancer for logistical reasons although don't worry it won't be too far behind if you would rather wait for that gamebook.

Grail Quest! I loved those books too - I found them more involving than Fighting Fantasy in terms of the narrative. My fave was Den of Dragons.

@acidbottle

No, none of these are written by those legends, however we do have potential upcoming contributors who have been involved with a number of the classic gamebooks. I'm keeping schtum for the mo as to who they are and what their involvement will be but lets just say I am VERY excited to get them on board.

@Asphyxiation - Thanks! Hope you like them!

01-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Orlandes map revealed...

As a little taster for our upcoming Gamebook Adventures releases, we thought we would share with you guys, the TA faithful a map of Orlandes, which is the main location where the first six GA books will primarily take place.

The first book, An Assassin in Orlandes will begin in Orlandes City, situated to the East of the country and your adventure will take you north into the "Montes Del Fuego". Our second book, The Siege of the Necromancer is based on the West coast of Orlandes in the township of Myr, where a mysterious dark presence has the Emery Lands in the grip of fear.

We're busy as Goblyn-folk getting these finished and will release more info as and when we have it! We can't wait for people to start reading and playing these books. For now I hope you like the map! Enjoy.

Last edited by TheTinMan; 01-04-2010 at 02:25 AM.