★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Poet: finally available in app store !!!

12-23-2009, 06:34 AM
The Poet & The Poet Lite: finally available in app store !!!

The Poet is now available in App Store !!

The game is very exciting and addictive!!!!!!!

The goal of the game is to build a sentence in the shortest time by placing the cards in the correct order.

Every time you build a sentence correctly, you reach a new level and earn more points. For every card placed incorrectly or in case the time expires, you lose a life. The faster you build a sentence the more points you earn.

As the game continues, the number of cards for a sentence will increase. If you are in trouble, you can use one of the bonus earned during the game. Bonuses allow you to obtain suggestions (first card, next card, first half of the sentence) or to skip to the next sentence.

For each complete sentence you reach a level. For every 10 levels you earn an achievement.

The game allows you to publish your favourite sentences, records and achivements on Facebook and share them with your friends.

The game ends when you have lost all your lives.

The Poet includes a host of exciting features, including:

* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable difficulty levels
* Automatic save/restore when you exit or receive a phone call
* Shake the device to shuffle the cards
* 10 different achievements
* Facebook publishing system for sentences, high scores and achievements
* Localized archive of sentences (english, spanish and italian)

Play The Poet and try to become Master of Poetry!

More info: http://thepoet.it/

Last edited by bitbrk; 01-05-2010 at 02:04 AM.
12-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi there! I just found this discussion and registered to the forum to ask how can I publish my scores on FaceBook? When I click on "publish" the screen seems to get stuck there.. am I doing something wrong?

BTW awesome game, been playing it nonstop since I bought it!

12-24-2009, 03:36 AM
iTunes Link , in case some people are too lazy to type it into the iTunes Store themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim1 View Post
Hi there! I just found this discussion and registered to the forum to ask how can I publish my scores on FaceBook? When I click on "publish" the screen seems to get stuck there.. am I doing something wrong?

BTW awesome game, been playing it nonstop since I bought it!
Are you connected via Edge, 3G, or WiFi?

If it's not 3G or WiFi, it takes a while to load those Facebook pages sometimes.

Last edited by MasterChief3624; 12-24-2009 at 03:38 AM.
12-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Sounds awesome.
12-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Really good game. Very beautiful sentence! Very polished!!
12-24-2009, 03:58 AM
i have already seen very similar games... I don't remember the name, iPoet I guess.
12-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post

Are you connected via Edge, 3G, or WiFi?

If it's not 3G or WiFi, it takes a while to load those Facebook pages sometimes.
I'm connected via 3G, and in my area signal is usually very very good. I'll try again later, but yesterday I waited for 5-6 mins. and nothing happened.
01-02-2010, 04:58 AM
The Poet 1.1 is out and the lite version is coming soon

The Poet 1.1 is now available in App Store: we have fixed a problem that prevented the game from launching on some iPod Touch devices.

In the next few days a Lite version (FREE!!!) of the game will be available! It allows you to play 10 sentences, but at least you get an idea of what the game is all about!

Last edited by bitbrk; 01-02-2010 at 07:49 AM.
01-02-2010, 06:04 AM
I might try the Lite.
01-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
I might try the Lite.
IMHO It's one of the best puzzle/word games on the App Store.

@bitbrk - for future releases can you add the possibility to play music from our libraries? I really like the soundtrack, but it would be nice to have the possibility to choose. Like on Minigore!