★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **2009 Best App Ever Award Nominee By 148apps.com**

NPCD Top App Store Ranking:
#10 Strategy
#21 Arcade
#53 Total Games

100000 gamers and counting downloaded NPCD over the Christmas break!
Thank you for your support!

Why do people and the Press enjoy the game so much?

Constant New Turrets and Maps updates!
Chapter VI,VII,VIII are in production!
Free New Achievements
A life long Journey with a carefully crafted storyline to guide gamers through the Navy Patrol World!

CNET.com: Navy Patrol Among The"5 Awesome iPhone Tower Defense Games"

TheAppera.com: This game is just B-A-N-A-N-A-S! The level of quality and polish put in the game are just outstanding. The whole theme works because of the high level of execution.

IGN.com: Impressive! "The current download is a lot of fun and it looks like more chapters are on the way, making Navy Patrol a solid value"

What to expect in 2010 from ICS:
- Get ready for "Modern Pirates:D.S.R*"
A New and Unique Online & Local Mutiplayer Strategy game with a twist!
- More Achievements For NPCD Zero (no points needed!)
- Chapter VI,VII,VIII are in production(new Maps)
- New Turrets are in production

*Deep Sea Raids

Note: Some Apps on your iPhone may cause NPCD to crash, We recommend to email us back a bug report form available in the technical issue section of our forum at www.navypatrolcd.com and we'll give you a promocode for the premium version!

Jailbroken iPhones will cause NPCD to crash!

ICS Promocode for Life: Go to the Promocode for Life section in our game forum at www.navypatrolcd.com and make an achievement suggestion and if it makes it in the next update you will win promocodes for Life from ICS Mobile!

What's New:
Chapter V: "Arctic Thunder"
3 New "Specials" Turrets unlockable by allocating 6 Points to a special category:
- Infrared Laser
- Quantum Laser
- Leach Orb
(*Press the bottom left Gauge to see them)
New Map: Arctica Island

..."The Navy Patrol Saga Continues...Thousands are currently battling the seas to reach the rank of Supreme Admiral! Join the Journey with The Most Intense Tower Defense App Yet!....Will you survive all Chapters? "

FEATURES:

** Introducing ICS Mobile's Breakthrough AWS Realtime 3D Fluid Simulation Engine

** Fully Integrated iPod Controls

** 3Warfare Styles:
Sea Level Undersea Aerial

**15 Unique Specials Incl:
Touch-Controlled Satellite Laser Attack Accelerometer-Enabled "Storm" Special Long Range Missile Barrage Tsunami Wave Special Bomber delivered Nuclear Strike Special

**Dynamic AI Pathfinding System

** 6 Unique Upgradable Offensive Turrets
Fighter Jets Equipped Airfield Large Cruisers Mines Machine Gun Turrets
Missile Turrets Attack Submarines

** 8 Enemy Forces Including:
Submarines Fighter jets Equipped Aircraft carriers Dreadnoughts
FAS

**Turret Targeting System

**Embedded Skills Tree System

** 3 Difficulty Levels
Seaman, Lieutenant, Admiral

** 2 Fingers for Pinch Zoom & Sub and Battleship Turret Rotation
Place a second finger on the screen before dropping a sub or battleship turret to rotate them vertically or horizontally

ICS Mobile's comments:
Merry Chistmas From ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile in collaboration with Appvent calendar present:

The full version of Navy Patrol Free!!

"Any FULL VERSION MAPS and Specials Turrets" can be unlocked For Free by downloading other free apps from the Game Store"

Game Link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navy-patrol-coastal-defense-zero/id346249696?mt=8

Get the premium version to remove the small ad and access the endless mode!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navy-patrol-coastal-defense/id324167933?mt=8

√ CNET.com: Navy Patrol Among The "5 Awesome iPhone Tower Defense Games"

√ TheAppera.com: This game is just B-A-N-A-N-A-S! The level of quality and polish put in the game are just outstanding. The whole theme works because of the high level of execution.

√ IGN.com: Impressive! "The current download is a lot of fun and it looks like more chapters are on the way, making Navy Patrol a solid value"
What's New:
√ Chapter V: "Arctic Thunder"
√ 3 New "Specials" Turrets unlockable by allocating 6 Points to a special category:
- Infrared Laser
- Quantum Laser
- Leach Orb
(*Press the bottom left Gauge to see them)
√ New Map: Arctica Island

THE PRESS LOVES NPCD TOO!

**ApplicationiPhone.comV.1.1): 4.75/5

**IGN.com: Impressive!
"The power-ups add so much to Navy Patrol, turning a basic genre entry into so much more. The balance is also quite good.The current download is a lot of fun and it looks like more chapters are on the way, making Navy Patrol a solid value."

**AppVeristity:"It has enormous depth and great integration of RTS and RPG like-elements all warpped into a TD game. Its a well thought out game with tons of abilities and powerups to keep things interesting for days to come."

Featured in "What's Hot"!

..."The Navy Patrol Saga Continues...Thousands are currently battling the seas to reach the rank of Supreme Admiral! Join the Journey with The Most Intense Tower Defense App Yet!....Will you survive all Chapters? "

FEATURES:

** Introducing ICS Mobile's Breakthrough AWS Realtime 3D Fluid Simulation Engine

** Fully Integrated iPod Controls

** 3Warfare Styles:
√ Sea Level √ Undersea √ Aerial

**15 Unique Specials Incl:
√ Touch-Controlled Satellite Laser Attack
√ Accelerometer-Enabled "Storm" Special
√ Long Range Missile Barrage
√ Tsunami Wave Special
√ Bomber delivered Nuclear Strike Special

**Dynamic AI Pathfinding System
√ Enemy Ships dynamically adjust their path based on your turret placement adjustments

** 6 Unique Upgradable Offensive Turrets
√ Fighter Jets Equipped Airfield
√ Large Cruisers
√ Mines
√ Machine Gun Turrets
√ Missile Turrets
√ Attack Submarines

** 8 Enemy Forces Including:
√ Submarines
√ Fighter jets Equipped Aircraft carriers
√ Dreadnoughts
√ FAS

**Turret Targeting System
√ Ability to order specific turrets to direct fire at the fastest, weakest or strongest enemy ships.

**Embedded Skills Tree System
√ Experience points awarded at specific wave cycles. Points can be allocated among Defensive, Offensive or Technology categories which unlocks a variety of unique specials.

** 3 Difficulty Levels
√ Seaman, √ Lieutenant, √ Admiral

** 2 Fingers for Pinch Zoom & Sub and Battleship Turret Rotation
√ Place a second finger on the screen before dropping a sub or battleship turret to rotate it vertically or horizontally

Support,News,Forums and Tips at www.NAVYPATROLCD.com
12-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I already have the full version of Navy Patrol Coastal Defense, Is this game the same?

12-23-2009, 09:51 AM
There's an updated version out that's about $5. The other one is free!
12-23-2009, 10:01 AM
I am so confused - there is a lite, the full and now this one that appears as a new app. But this is really the full but free? So if I HAVE the full already?
12-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I am so confused - there is a lite, the full and now this one that appears as a new app. But this is really the full but free? So if I HAVE the full already?
Same here....
Anybody willing to clear this up?
12-23-2009, 10:09 AM
It appears to be their own monetary system for unlocking parts of the full version. They have a points system which you gain points for downloading listed games, some are free some are not. Once you run one of these other apps on your device you get points that you then redeem for in-game 'features' of Coastal Defense.

Basically it's somewhere between the free and full version, but if you have either there's little point getting this, unless you want to waste time "gaining" points in a very slow manner.
12-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes I downloaded it for the heck of it since it was free and I was curious enough. It appears that if you have several apps that they choose you can earn "points" to unlock maps and turrets. If you run those apps once a day you get more points. Many are paid apps that I would never even think of owning.

However, in the app description for today it says Merry Christmas - unlock all for free - but I found no way to do that without the "points." I suppose if you do not have Navy Patrol you can download this and play around with it to see if you can figure out how to unlock them for free, but for me as I have the full version it was not worth the time.
12-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
It appears to be their own monetary system for unlocking parts of the full version. They have a points system which you gain points for downloading listed games, some are free some are not. Once you run one of these other apps on your device you get points that you then redeem for in-game 'features' of Coastal Defense.
Actually, the Itunes says that everything will unlock for free in this version, so I don't know if they are running a promotion, or if they mean free as in "you don't have to pay, but you do have to jump through hoops".

I have the full paid version already, so I am not planing on downloading this one. If someone else does, and determine that there is more in this one then in the full version, please let us know.

Michael
12-23-2009, 10:36 AM
dudes you need to fix the fraging paid version of the game first,
it worked fine until the updates!
it keeps crashing!
clear that up instead of this...
12-23-2009, 10:44 AM
The app has it's own system for unlocking, i.e. not DLC via Apple - you need to download other apps (that I presume are part of a promotion) to gain the points to unlock parts of the game. There's also a link to the full version from the main menu too.

It's just a different take on a promotional tool.

However, it's crashed a few times already on a 3GS both in game and from the main menu without any interaction and a rebooted device so clearly not that reliable.