★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: GridBuster - Can YOU Bust the Grid?

01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
GridBuster - Can YOU Bust the Grid? [FREE PROMO CODES AVAILABLE FOR REVIEWERS]

NOTICE: We are giving away free promotional codes to any experienced reviewers that want to review GridBuster. Please PM me with samples of your reviews and I will send you a code.

----------------------------

"It's challengingly different."
-Daz4590.co.uk

Name: GridBuster
Developer: Motron Software
Price: $0.99
Promotional Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRB-1ZGg0Sc
Description: GridBuster is a casual puzzle game. The object of the game is to guide a ball from the top left corner of the grid to the goal in the bottom right corner of the grid, however, the path is blocked by an array of tiles. You begin with a certain amount of energy (Which varies depending on the difficulty level). You need to make a path through these tiles in order to pass the board, however, each tile takes energy, and some tiles take more energy than others, so you need to choose your path carefully, because if you run out of energy, you fail the board.

There are 3 kinds of tiles in the game, one that takes 50 energy, one that takes 100, and one that takes 150. It is a good idea to avoid the 150s you come across, in favour of a cheaper path. But sometimes, you may notice that it is cheaper to travel through the more expensive tiles than to travel around them. And on top of all that, there is a time limit, which can vary depending on the difficulty level.

Still confused? I have a gameplay video up on youtube for the old PC version. The annonations on the video explain the game much better than a giant block of text.

Here is the video: YouTube - GridBuster Gameplay

Screenshots:

----------

GridBuster can be purchased here for $0.99: http://linktoapp.com/gridbuster

Please give me honest, constructive feedback as to what you think of the game. If you would like to see anything added to the game in a future update, please let me know.

Peace,
-Steven O'Brien,
Motron Software

Last edited by Stevenup7002; 01-16-2009 at 04:57 PM.
01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
that video is just... yeah

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !

01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
that video is just... yeah
I'm assuming that you don't like it?
01-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I like the clock-style graphics and the bold colors that look lit up.

Gives a nice sense of style, sort of retro.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Looks ok. I don't see me buying this, but I'll think about it. Spent a bit too much recently..
01-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
I like the clock-style graphics and the bold colors that look lit up.

Gives a nice sense of style, sort of retro.
Thanks, I believe I had the Laser Hockey game from Wii Play in mind when I was designing the graphics.
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I like the look of this. Does it have high scores, stats, or achievements? For whatever reason, I feel like my gaming time is "worthless" if I don't have some way to record and reflect upon past plays.
01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidCog View Post
I like the look of this. Does it have high scores, stats, or achievements? For whatever reason, I feel like my gaming time is "worthless" if I don't have some way to record and reflect upon past plays.
An online leaderboard will be available with the next update, which should be released next week. I will also consider an achievements system.
01-16-2009, 04:10 PM
looks good, i might buy this one
01-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWilcko View Post
looks good, i might buy this one
Awesome, if you do, please tell me what you think of it.