★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Favorite (or Best) RTS Games

View Poll Results: What is/are your favorite(s)?
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 8 22.22%
Quantum Collapse 1 2.78%
Red Conquest 15 41.67%
Rise of Lost Empires 2 5.56%
Robocalypse 6 16.67%
Warfare Incorporated 12 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll
12-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to chrisrushing
Favorite (or Best) RTS Games

I searched and couldn't find a thread like this.

Here are the known RTS (real time strategy) games to me. If there are others and ones you recommend, please list. I might accidentally list a TBS (turn based strategy) game, so don't kill me. Ha. I don't think I did though.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Quantum Collapse

Red Conquest!

Rise of Lost Empires

Robocalypse

Warfare Incorporated

The only one I have is Robocalypse and i've played lites for Quantum Collapse & Rise of Lost Empires.

//Forgot these

Art of War 2: Global Confederation

Last edited by chrisrushing; 12-23-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: more info.
12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Warfare Inc without a doubt
-Perfect Controls
-Campaign + hundreds of downloadable missions
-Flawless Online Multiplayer

Gamecenter: Will090

12-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to fluffyguitarist
Robocalypse

Command and Conquer apparently sucks hardcore
Havent play any onter RTS's tho

I play guitarhttp://www.youtube.com/user/fluffyguitarist
I'm a Professional Philosoraptor.
Games? Super Quick Hook and Trees of Doom pretty much own.
12-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Warfare inc. is simply amazing. Get over the graphics and you have a game that you can play for hours.
12-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Art of war 2 and warfare Inc <it has multiplayer

memory cards
12-23-2009, 12:43 PM
The thing I don't like about red conquest are just the graphics, I don't want to just play with some geometric shapes in an RTS game. + the cut scenes are so poorly illustrated. I get that it is high rated, but there is nothing familiar or relatable to grasp on to that would push me to buy it. The fact that reviews say its control system is very complex and takes getting use to, doesn't make me any more eager either.
12-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrushing View Post
The thing I don't like about red conquest are just the graphics, I don't want to just play with some geometric shapes in an RTS game. + the cut scenes are so poorly illustrated. I get that it is high rated, but there is nothing familiar or relatable to grasp on to that would push me to buy it. The fact that reviews say its control system is very complex and takes getting use to, doesn't make me any more eager either.
Rather play with geometric shapes than some generic knight/goblin theme.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I like the geometric shapes and stuff, it's a very cool feel. Like Blue Attack! and Blue Defense!

I voted Red Conquest, I've played most of those other RTS' and none of them hooked me as much as Red Conquest, the gameplay is fantastic, and the controls feel very natural after a short while.

In Warfare Inc, the units move without attacking, which is a huge drawback to the gameplay. I love the downloadable missions though, and the online multiplayer is a huge plus (Red Conquest has it in the works though).

Currently Playing: Red Conquest! and Trenches
12-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrushing View Post
The UI isn't complicated... it may look complicated at the beginning, but you could either spend half an hour in reading my Interface Tutorial OR you could just play around in one of the first levels for 5 minutes which should normally have the same effect...

Really, Red Conquest is GENIUS!

Btw, the next content update (will be released around march, maybe even earlier ) contains online multiplayer AND another species (or as you say, another set of geometric shapes)...
12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Again, no offense, just Geodefense (and all the clones) as well as Eliss has burnt me out on the geometrically graphical games. Thus, with that alone i am turned off by it. Not to mention its the easiest type of graphics/illustrations to create. I'm a graphic designer/illustrator so this is what I do.

This is all JUST my opinion and is not meant to be rude.

Last edited by chrisrushing; 12-23-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: more